Sort & Split from CDirector

jde_tech

jde_tech

Hi List,

I have a 41 page pdf that I want to sort, split & email by email account. The requirement is that an email be generated along with the multiple invoices as a pdf attachment. The 41 page pdf comes into CDirector with the email recipients as follows:

[email protected] pg 1-19
[email protected] pg 20-27
no email address pg 28-29
[email protected] pg 30-41

By requirement, I should produce 3 emails, but I am producing 4: - 1 email to [email protected], 1 email to [email protected], 1 email to [email protected] and 1 other email to [email protected].

Can anyone offer a possible solution or is CDirector 6.1 intelligent enough to sort the entire pdf into 1 group prior to the split by email account?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
Kevin Wadkins
Sr Technical Consultant
JD Edwards/World/EnterpriseOne
[email protected]

Hello, you can set up a Director script to sort based on email address using the Sort Node, followed by a Split Node immediately below the Sort node (Child of the Sort Node). The Split Node will split when email address changes. The split node should be followed by a Condition Node that will verify the Email address is valid (contains @). From the Y or true branch of the condition node use a Send Node to send the valid grouped email address output to the Email enabled queue.

Thanks for your response.

I've already tried the approach that you've mentioned and the split when an email address change is occurring to group the invoices; however, when an email address occurs in different sequences throughout the input pdf, it is split and grouped separately based on the value. I need 1 email for all invoices associated with the email address to be sent. Basically, I need the pdf data "globally sorted" prior to the split.

I had a similar project requirement and got everything working using the Cretate!bind utility. My Cdirector project splits the JDE PDF into individual documents and writes them to folders based on email address.

Create!bind monitors those folders. When the Cdirector process is finished, the documents in the sub-folders are bound together and placed on a queue for merge and output.

Karen.

Back