Need Advice

spy

Hi!
My problem is regarding setting up Create!form to properly pack invoices(or other docs) into envelopes. It has proven to be a bit more complicated than I had first imagined. I had the optical marks on the beginning and ending of the invoice set but I have to have the invoices grouped by customer. Basically, each customer may have several invoices and they have to be packed into the same envelope.
I was wondering if any of you have encountered this before or have any good solutions for how to make the optical markings appear on each "Customer set of invoices" rather than invoice set? Hopefully that made sense
smile.gif

Neopost BTA is designed to add OMR barcode for mail insertions, I have also used Formscape/transform to add OMR, it can be quite challenging, if you need more information about Neopost BTA or upgrading to Transform, please let me know.

What version of Create!form are you working with?

Are you using the optical marks to control automated fold & stuff machines?

How are the invoices in your input file appearing? Are all invoices for each customer grouped together or are mixed in with other customers in the input file?

Karen.

Hello all, this solution is extremely easy to implement with Create!form, absolutely no 3rd party or upgrades needed, versions 3 and 6 of Create!form can be used. I have used the same solution at several customers and have discussed with others.

In your Director script simply use the Sort Node to sort on customer number, this will group the Invoices by Customer. Following the sort node place a split node immediately below the sort node that will split the Invoice when customer number changes. Next open your Create!form merge project (3 or 6), add a project footer to your output, this will force a footer on the last page of the output. Add the final Optical Mark in the project footer .

We are always available to assist with document process automation as we have worked with over 100 customers and have over 7 years of experience with Create!form.

I'm working with Create!form Director 6 and Create!form Designer 3.

Yes I am using optical marks to control an automated fold & stuff machine.

When it comes to invoice input files. The pdf is sorted by Customer Number so each customer's invoices are "grouped" in the pdf. A customer could have 1 invoice in the pdf or 5 invoices in a row. There is also the possibility that someone just wants to reprint an invoice in which case it's just one pdf input file.

That sounds easy enough. However, some of our customers require more than one copy of an invoice. My director script looks at how many invoice copies were requested and then prints duplicate copies. Any idea how to compensate for that?

How are you specifying multiple copies in your Cdirector project?

Are you using the Copies parameter in the Send node or the %NumCopies parameter in a JTT?

Karen.

I have a Condition that checks if a variable that keeps track of invoices copies is greater than 1. Then I use the Copies parameter in the Send node to print it(invoice copies -1).

Use the %NumCopies= parameter in a JTT file instead. Set the Copies option in the main Send node dialog to 1. Put your copies logic in the mapping for %NumCopies= parameter instead.

Collation of the multiple copies is controlled in your Cform project.

Karen.

My mistake... using the %NumCopies= parameter in a JTT file makes one job on the print queue but it contains multiple copies of the JDE PDF inside of it. When merged with the Cform project you still will get multiple occurrences of the optical marks that should only occur once at the end of all the copies.

Have you considered using the Create!bind utility to bind the required optical marks at the end of the document set and then passing that document to the printer?

Karen.

Back