Customer services screens locking out user sessions.

qpadev1

I have had 2 issues in the last couple of months where several users in the customer services screens locked up. All jobs associated locked up and would not end even with an extreme command 'endjobabn'. Other third party applications using this file locked up and would not end and also all running batch jobs that used this file 'F4211'.
Has anybody had any similar issues?
Menu G42112 option 2 'Customer Services' 'j42045' 'P42045'.
There are no errros logged on the AS400. The rest of JDE continues to work fine. An IPL is the only way to clear the locks.

Is your system current with all DB2 cumulative PTF groups? That would be my first check...otherwise, attempt to obtain a joblog from one of the offending jobs and go from there...

Terry

Ending QINTER subsystem briefly works for me on the those interactive jobs that refuse to end.

My system is quite up to date with all ptf's.
Cum ptf at 9104
Hiper ptf at 109
group ptf at 9
db2 ptf at 22
IBM have been on the system numerous times and can find no issues.
Qinter will end all sessions apart from the ones that are locked. Any locked jobs will only clear after an IPL. I have done an ENDSBS *all *immed. This will end all subsystems where no locks exist but subsystems with batch jobs in and interactive jobs in will not end like qinter and qbatch will not end. They just leave the locked jobs in a ending status.
The only thing I wondered is if any patches from IBM have required fixes from Oracle. We have no support with Oracle for JDE so i can not find this out?

I took a a quick glance at P42045. It appears that the only time an update occurs is when new text is entered and the S/O line text flag (SDATXT) must be updated after the call to P401. Is it possible that two or more of your users where attempting to update text on the same Sales Order lines?

We do not tend to use text for sales order detail so this is unlikely. Once the initial lock happens all jobs seem to lock while doing an 'INZ' on a logical file F4211ZJ which is a in house specific logical. At this stage i can not gleam any more detail as there literraly are no logs. IBM are working on a trace patch so maybe i will have to hope it does not happen again before they can supply this.

Could you explain why you think this may be causing an issue? We have many such join logical files on the system.

Back