Outq rpts sitting at SND status with new printer

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
We are experiencing many issues with new HP printers. This new model is a 2050. It seems that OneWorld does not like it. From our AS400 outqueue, the file just sits in a 'SND' status. Has any one had this issue? Did you have to change the outq set up on the 400? I have looked at the options but I don't see anything that would help. Are there certain printer models to stay away from? I need to resolve this issue as it is holding up printing invoices, credits and pick slips.

You may need to delete the outq and recreate it. Use a model like HP4 or HP4000

I frequently(and intermittently) see this issue on HP printers. I am usually able to hold the queue and rerelease it which will allow it to process. i've not yet determined the root cause and am also interested in determining a way to be able to identify the issue before the user calls to report that their docs are not printing.

Is your printer defined as a device on the iSeries. We've had the same issue with our printers when we set them up that way. Solution is to create the outque as remote outque. When created this way, if you have hardware issues with your printer...the print job will wait until it comes back on-line then send again. If it is a device, when you have a hardware issue, the writer attached to the device is ended..resulting in your print jobs sitting at a SND status until you restart the writer.

Hope that helps.

You are correct that this may fix this problem but the downside is that the control of the output is severely reduced. For example, with a remote output queue you will not be able to use copies, formtype, page range printing, etc. The host will simply dump the output to the printer. If you want 5 copies... too bad, you will get 1 only. Make sure the spool file attributes are set to SAVE after printing in case you do need multiple copies. Just be sure you understand what the change will do.

RBOrrell,

Check Jim_rubino's post # 90943 to modify your ouput queue description. His post helped me to print more than 1 copy and to print page ranges.

Debi

Back