Data Extraction in Create!Director

jde_tech

jde_tech

Hi List,

From Create!Director, I need to extract the value from a variable on the pdf that's appears multiple times in the same section.

Thank you inadvance for your help.

Regards,
Kevin

Sr. Technical Consultant
JD Edwards World/EnterpriseOne
[email protected]

Is it a header or detail section?

If its a Header section, its likely the multiple occurrences of the variable will have different variable names and you'll need to create a User Variable to concatenate the individual variables (with a delimiter if needed).

If its in a detail section and the multiple occurrences of the variable all have the same name then use the CONCATLIST function to get them all in one User Variable.

Format of CONCATLIST: concatlist(ProductID,"|")
(First field is the variable name, Second field is the delimiter you wish to use)

Mark

Thanks Mark! Your suggestion to use the concatlist function worked just fine.

I am testing the CEmail and do not see the .tmp files in the c:\Program Files\Create!form\spool directory today. I see files from last Friday.

I am getting an email as the CC recipient and I am trying to verify an email sent to the TO recipients. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Kevin

Good to hear Concatlist worked for you.

Regarding Create!email:

The .tmp files should not accumulate in the \spool dir
- as the extension indicates, they are temporary processing files.
- If they keep accumulating, there is a problem.
- I believe there is a past posting in the Create!form forum about this same issue, may need to contact Bottomline Support.

Regarding verifying if the TO email was sent:
- Check the trace log in the Create!email module (View > Trace Log)
- Also check the log file settings in Create!email (Administration > Log File Settings), you may need to enable Errors, Warnings, Success, Info to see everything
- Create!email will definitely log the FROM and the TO in terms of success or failure.
- If the TO is failing, your email server (most likely SMTP) may not be allowing some external email addresses (like Hotmail or Yahoo)

Mark

Back