Sending to network folder OS error code 38

jurs1987

When trying to send a PDF to a UNC path, I am getting the error "OS error code 38"
I have tried entering a Global variable and environment variable with no luck. The user account being used has all the access that it would require to the folder on the other server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

What version of Cform are you working with? You've got the UNC path in a Cdirector project, right? If not where is it?

Is the UNC location in the same domain as the CformServer? Does the CformServer have authority/rights to write to that location?

Karen.

I've seen this error before when Cform Server 6 outputs a file name that doesn't adhere to windows file naming conventions.

Start out simple:
- Forget the Global & Environment variable (for now).
- Start with a simple static file name, like Invoice.pdf
- Get the basics working, then add functionality to it, its easier to isolate the problem.
- Put the Windows user name in Tools > Windows Identity in Cform Server 6

Also look at the name of the owner of the job as it enters the win printer.
Windows wont pass the job through unless its an authorized user on the server.

Mark

There could be invalid characters in the PDF file name if you're using data from the input file (i.e. Customer Name) to build/name the output PDF file or UNC path.

You can build logic into your project to read the input file data and then replace or remove characters that are invalid.

Characters that are invalid for naming folders and/or files in Windows:
/ \ : * ? " < > |

Karen.

Something else to try:

Set the log file setting on the director printer to support level
- in Cform Server 6 click once on the director printer > Tools > Log File Settings
- You should see an option for support level
- Some early versions of Create!form require holding down the Ctrl key to see the support level setting
(Click on Director printer > hold down Ctrl Key > Tools > Log File Settings)

You can also set the log file settings in REGEDIT
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Create!form\Log Verbosity
- Double click on the Director printer on the right side and set the value data field to 5

This will increase the logging & should show additional info relating to the error

Mark

Back