Korean Fonts CreateForm

Pankaj_Praxair

Hi Everyone,
I am in between the project on Create!Form 3.2 and got stuck with Korean Fonts setting for my project.

Can someone help me on this topic ?

There can be additional steps for specific Asian fonts but here are the basics:

1) Add the Asian language to your PC from the Control Panel > Regional and Language options
(This needs to be done on the Server running Create!form also)

2) Install the Asian Language Support pack from the Adobe Acrobat CD

3) Add the AFM Asian font to Create!form Designer
Tools > Fonts > Add
Use the Korean Resource.zip file, its located on the Create!form installation CD in \Utilities\Asian Fonts

There may be additional steps because Korean is a Non Unicode Asian Font, but I would start with these.

Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the feedback, I have done all the initial steps.
I have already done two phases for China and Thailand but I am facing some issues with Korean fonts provided by CF in their installation CD.

I am mapping the Korean Font with window Arial font (same I did for China ) and I am not getting the desired results when we use this font in my form design.

Do I have to do anything different for Korean fonts ?

ok, so initial install steps are done, good.

What exactly is the problem?

Are the Korean Fonts not showing correctly in designer?
When creating text or variable objects?
When previewing?
When printing?
In Production from the server?

The Ariel font is a True Type Font (not supported unless it is a Postscript Ariel Font) and is only used for display purposes in designer, it may show something different when previewing or printing.

Where exactly does the problem occur?

Mark

Hi Mark,

The problem is when I am trying to use this Korean fonts to the variable from JDE PDF.

It shows junk characters in form design / preview when I assign this new font.
Thanks
Pankaj

ok,

Are you using the Munhwa Regular font?
- If not, which font are you using?

After adding the language to your computer, can you see the language bar on your PC?

When the designer app is open, does the language bar say KOR for Korean?
- If not change it from English to Korean

After the above is done, in Cform designer, map the Korean Postscript font to the correct Korean Windows font (will show in Korean, don't use the Ariel font)

What version of Adobe are you using?

In Control Panel
- If you go to Add / Remove programs > Find Adobe > Select it > click Change > Do you see Asian Language settings enabled?

The Windows font mapped in Cform Designer is used just for display purposes.

The Adobe Asian Language support pack is used to display the fonts correctly in Adobe

Mark

Hi Mark,
Right now my customer is having Korean font setup.
They are now running on PCL and would like to utilize Postscript printing. However, is that the Korean font needs to be loaded into printer for it to be printed correctly? If it is so, then the printer does not have hard drive itself will not be compatible to do so?

Regards,
Alvin.

Hi Alvin,

Loading Asian fonts to a printers Hard Drive or Flash drive is not required to use the Postscript Output function.

Loading fonts does have some advantages:
- Printing to remote locations
- Some Asian fonts are too large for a job to a print to some printers.

But it can have some drawbacks:
- Each time a form is modified or created it must be loaded to the printer

The Postscript Output Function (when printing) can be found in the following Server engines:
- Cform Server 6 > double click printer with green check > set the Default Merge Configuration
(Loading of the form projects is also handled in the merge configuration)
- Cform Server 3 > double click printer with green check > set Output Format
(Loading of the form projects is handled in the same main window)
- In both cases above, the win printer should use a Postscript driver, and the printer must support Postscript

So, I would first try using the Asian Fonts in the data stream (Postscript) to see if there are issues with latency or printer errors, etc.

Mark

Back