User ID question

noobcnc

New to CNC and I have a question. A user has gotten married and now wishes (demands) that her ID be changed to her new married name. I see no way to just "change" her name and could see where deleting and recreating her id could cause a huge problem with records. Address book has been changed but this is her actual login id.
Any help greatly appriciated.
running:
B7334 SP23_Z1 / AS400 / WAS 6.1

Wow,

That user sounds like a real pill. You are correct, you can change the address book record, but you cannot change the user ID short of creating a new ID for the user. And for the record, the same goes for her lan ID and for many other applications. Sounds like your user needs to adopt a more mature attitude.

- Gregg

It would be best to just copy her current user ID to the new desired user id, use this app - P9015 to copy one profile to another , it will copy related F0093 , F98OWSEC and F00950 records also. The only thing it does not copy are the F95921 records , but on your release of ERP8 , this should OK be unless you are using Solution Explorer Fine Cut , and even if you do you could copy the roles from her current ID

Tell your you'll change the userid . . . after 2 years. Statistics show that if a marriage is going to fail it most likely will within the 1st 2 years.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tell your you'll change the userid . . . after 2 years. Statistics show that if a marriage is going to fail it most likely will within the 1st 2 years.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, wouldn't that just piss of the PC ("Politically Correct", not "Personal Computer") police?
grin.gif

I feel your pain. I have to deal with this all of the time. When I got married I didn't cause anybody any problems because I didn't change my name.

Patty

[ QUOTE ]
I feel your pain. I have to deal with this all of the time. When I got married I didn't cause anybody any problems because I didn't change my name.

Patty

[/ QUOTE ]

So before you got married, people called you Patty? Good to know.
grin.gif

Back