Print report data on a PDF Doc

jde_dev

jde_dev

Hi all,

We have a UBE report that prints the output normally, but before printing, the user feeds a pre-printed document before cliking on the print button. The pre-printed document conatins our company logo, or sometimes some fixed header. I heard the new BI publisher could help us on easing this process.

What I would like is the UBE to print the data on a PDF document (that is having the company logo, for eg) instead of displaying the output on Plain PDF document.

Is it possible. Any help on this would be great!

JDE E811,
Tools 8.97.3,
IBM DB2 AIX

This is a good candidate for BI Publisher. It can do what you want. I published a getting started article with JDE Tips that would be quite helpful for you. It takes a little work to get going, but once you figure it out you will be glad you did.

Hi Scott, (thanks for the reply)

We have BI publisher available in our company, as it came with the new tools release. I just need someone to show me the way, and then from there on I'll take care.

Some hints and/or solutions to get the ball rolling, would be great. JDE tips website is making me lost. Do you have a document that I can use? You could email me, or reply with attachment. Thanks...!

My paper was published recently with JDE Tips, so I can just post it here for everyone. But, look in JDE Tips for this title "Integrated BI Publisher for EnterpriseOne" Or search for by my name. This is a great article for getting started and will walk you thought the steps to get started.

Back