JAS sign-on Error for E900

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,

I installed E900 on Windows and I am trying to sign on for the first time. I get this error on the sign-on screen:

Sign In Error: An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator.

The E1root_xxxx.log file says this:

Exception in isValidEnvironmentOverride() for JDE :: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

I have no idea what this means. Can anybody help, please?
I can sign-on from the Deployment Server to that same environment. I attached the complete log file to this post.

Thanks, Gerd

Attachments

• 156678-E1root.txt
    216.2 KB · Views: 964
Are you using the JDE user to sign on...?

Can you sign in successfully from a FAT client (not Deployment server) , using another user id , if yes try the same user id from the web , and make sure it has atleast one role assigned , that is included in *ALL , and that role has access to the J Environment you are using

--0016e649864cb48fe30481ef959c
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Can you send me you INIs for JAS. What env. you logged in from Deploymnet
server ? Can you send me log? Are you able to see SAW page ?

-Nitin

st.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+this+address+
--0016e649864cb48fe30481ef959c
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

net server ? Can you send me log? Are you able to see SAW page ?</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:46 AM, gerd_renz3 <spa n dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">gerd_renz@terra <blockquote style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex ; PADDING-LEFT: 1ex" class=3D"gmail_quote">Hi,

I installed E900 on W indows and I am trying to sign on for the first time. I get this error on t he sign-on screen:

e System Administrator.

E xception in isValidEnvironmentOverride() for JDE :: java.lang.StringIndexOu tOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1java.lang.StringIndexOutOf BoundsException: String index out of range: -1

-on from the Deployment Server to that same environment. I attached the com plete log file to this post.

Thanks, Gerd
<div class=3D"im">
=3DOW&Number=3D156678" target=3D"_blank">entire JDELIST thread</a> is a vailable for viewing.</div>
postlist.php?Cat=3D&Board=3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities f <div align=3D"center"><font size=3D"-2" face=3D"Verdana, Arial">This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
<div class=3D"im">
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards=AE. </div>
[email protected]?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+t his+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Mailing+List.

Thank+You." t
--0016e649864cb48fe30481ef959c--

If you can sign into the DEP900 environment, please check the user JDE. (I assume you are using JDE to sign in.) Since I'm not sure what version you are coming from, then I will write this as if Roles were new to you.

Run P95921, and check the roles assigned to user JDE.

Now go back to User Profiles (P0092), and use the row exit to check what environments that the roles assigned to JDE can access.

On the HTML environment, you should be signing into JPY900, and the errors look like it cannot find that environment available to JDE or its roles.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I installed E900 on Windows and I am trying to sign on for the first time. I get this error on the sign-on screen:

Sign In Error: An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator.

Exception in isValidEnvironmentOverride() for JDE :: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

I have no idea what this means. Can anybody help, please?
I can sign-on from the Deployment Server to that same environment. I attached the complete log file to this post.

Thanks, Gerd

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to sign on to PY or JPY?

Also, check to see that the role JDE is in has the environment you are trying to sign in to. Environments are by role only these days even though individual assignment of environments might work, you will get some odd results. This is being SAR'red but make sure you are doing environments by role and that the role JDE is assigned to has permissions to the environment you are trying to sign in to.

What I have noticed it doing is that any environments assigned at the user level can only be a subset of the environments assigned at the role level. As you are aware, it used to be that whatever was assigned at the user level superseded anything assigned at the role/group level.

[ QUOTE ]
What I have noticed it doing is that any environments assigned at the user level can only be a subset of the environments assigned at the role level. As you are aware, it used to be that whatever was assigned at the user level superseded anything assigned at the role/group level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it does not work the way it used to. I am in a conversation with Denver to change this. Such a big change without notification. The standard (for most everything) was User->Group->Public and they moved away from that with environment assignment.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I have checked the roles. I am using user JDE that has it´s defautl role SYSADMIN. I can log into PY900 and JPY900 from a fat client. I created another user with another role. This new combination works for JPY900 login on a fat client, not for Web client (same error).

I will attach the jas.ini and jdbj.ini files. Maybe s.o. sees something. And yes, I am trying to log into JPY900.

One more question: what is that TokenGen.ini file good for? I got some massages in the Security Server´s log file about some token which I did not understand:

IsValid: Token for user ” is from untrusted node _LOCALNODE
(funny characters !)

I utrned on JDB tracing through Server Manager, but I cannot find any trace-log.

Thanks for any further suggestion.

Gerd

Attachments

• 156714-jdbj and JAS .ini.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 384
[ QUOTE ]

I have checked the roles. I am using user JDE that has it´s defautl role SYSADMIN. I can log into PY900 and JPY900 from a fat client. I created another user with another role. This new combination works for JPY900 login on a fat client, not for Web client (same error).

I will attach the jas.ini and jdbj.ini files. Maybe s.o. sees something. And yes, I am trying to log into JPY900.

One more question: what is that TokenGen.ini file good for? I got some massages in the Security Server´s log file about some token which I did not understand:

(funny characters !)

I utrned on JDB tracing through Server Manager, but I cannot find any trace-log.

Gerd

[/ QUOTE ]

Try changing this: PathCodes=PY812 to PathCodes=('PY812')

[ QUOTE ]

(funny characters !)

Gerd

[/ QUOTE ]

Gerd, I am going to throw a bunch of possibilities at you from my past notes where this happened.

---
1800 Sign In Error: An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator.

C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\VS010Cell01\nodes\vs021Node01\servers\AS_PD1\resources.xml
does not have SQL 200 JDBC information

Removing/reinstalling JDBC for SQL 2005 from SM

1815 Success!!!
---

"An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator. See the JASDebug log for details"

1700 Break
2100 Back

Configuring Licensing Control in JPD812 by setting Max Users under Web Runtime
to 30 for EA_PD812

---

2140 An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator.

[DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource System - 812. java.sql.SQLException:
No suitable driver

2200 Check SCF Prepared JDBC Provider for 'sql2005' in
C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\config\cells\cellname\nodes\nodename\servers\AS_name\resources.xml
for correct path to JDBC jars

Path did not exist

---

An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator

Investigation shows in JAS logs:

27 May 2009 11:05:52,500 [SEVERE] - [AS_PD4][JDBJ]
SQLException occured in the SQLPhysicalConnection.select(): | Table or View Name = F986101 - Data Source[0] = System - 812

In all AS's right around 11:00 local time

SQL Server logs show:

05/27/2009 09:58:51,spid127,Unknown,Unsafe assembly 'novell.directory.ldap<c/> version=0.0.0.0<c/> culture=neutral<c/>
publickeytoken=null' loaded into appdomain 2 (JDE_PRODUCTION.dbo[runtime].1).
05/27/2009 09:58:51,spid127,Unknown,Unsafe assembly 'ldap clr authorization<c/> version=0.0.0.0<c/> culture=neutral<c/>
publickeytoken=null<c/> processorarchitecture=msil' loaded into appdomain 2 (JDE_PRODUCTION.dbo[runtime].1).
05/27/2009 09:58:50,spid127,Unknown,AppDomain 2 (JDE_PRODUCTION.dbo[runtime].1) created.
05/27/2009 09:58:50,spid127,Unknown,Common language runtime (CLR) functionality initialized using CLR version v2.0.50727 from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\.

---

[ QUOTE ]

(funny characters !)

Gerd

[/ QUOTE ]

Three times in the logs I see "java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1"

This is usually not as bad as it sounds, just a fancy Java way of saying "WTF did you just say? I expected you to answer me using 4 characters and you gave me 9 characters." or something like that.

If this is your first sign-on there is likely something wrong with your jas or jdbj.ini files, I just cannot see anything wrong with them.

Other than Jeff's suggestion of making your PathCodes=('PY900') in the [OWWEB] section, I don't see anything "wrong" in the files that would cause the login problem either.

I can say that the error you are talking about in the Security kernel's logs are not related to TokenGen.INI, and have more to do with the [TRUSTED NODE] section of your Enterprise Server's JDE.INI file.

Unless needed for "long running processes" like an upgrade table conversion, I generally comment this section out.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I found the problem at Oracle.com with the suggestion to recreate the user and the proxy (DB) user. It worked. I got past that login point only o hit the next problem. The screen is blank. I am working on that now.

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html#tab=KBHome(page=KBHome&id=()),(page=KBNavigator&id=(bmDocTitle=E1:%20JAS:%20Unknown%20JAS%20Sign%20in%20Error%20Has%20Occurred%20on%20WEBDEV%20Client&from=BOOKMARK&bmDocID=648525.1&viewingMode=1143&bmDocType=PROBLEM&bmDocDsrc=DOCUMENT))

I'm installing E900 on three VMs (DS, ES and WEB), all on one not-so-good physical machine and with limited disc space. I already saw all kind of things happening, like a fat client not install properly, etc.

I´ll keep you posted.

Thanks, Gerd

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I found the problem at Oracle.com with the suggestion to recreate the user and the proxy (DB) user. It worked. I got past that login point only o hit the next problem. The screen is blank. I am working on that now.

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html#tab=KBHome(page=KBHome&id=()),(page=KBNavigator&id=(bmDocTitle=E1:%20JAS:%20Unknown%20JAS%20Sign%20in%20Error%20Has%20Occurred%20on%20WEBDEV%20Client&from=BOOKMARK&bmDocID=648525.1&viewingMode=1143&bmDocType=PROBLEM&bmDocDsrc=DOCUMENT))

I'm installing E900 on three VMs (DS, ES and WEB), all on one not-so-good physical machine and with limited disc space. I already saw all kind of things happening, like a fat client not install properly, etc.

I´ll keep you posted.

Thanks, Gerd

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, that was one of the suggestions that I had in my past notes but didn't post because I didn't see anything in the logs about database authentication issues.

Glad you found the solution.

I got my web environment up and running.
Thanks for all the help.

I have two more easy questions:

1. My jas-log fills up really quick, like 30Meg just for bringing it up, logging in and opening one app. Can I turn that off? Where? Since my (VM-) servers are very slow this seems to matter a lot.
2. My JDV HTTP service is configured to listen on port 81, JPY on port 82. When I try to connect with port 80 it does connect as well. Is that correct ?

Thanks, Gerd

1) In Server Manager, you can set the logging level down to just warnings. I don't know that you would want to turn it off completely, especially if you are just starting to test it, but you could if you really wanted to.

2) brother_of_karamazov has written a paper on making friendly URLs without those ugly port numbers, that respond to port 80. Follow his links to find it. I don't believe the E1 client ordinarily responds to port 80 without fiddling around with the HTTP configuration at least. Are you maybe just pulling up the HTTP Server's default home page?

Back