Network Wide Problems with JDE Print/Printing Function. Users are printing out docs with geometric shapes, diagonal lines et

bigwebb83

Network Wide Problems with JDE Print/Printing Function. Users are printing out docs with geometric shapes, diagonal lines et

This weekend the citrix servers at our data centers were updates. Among other problems we are encountering many users who call the help desk stating that when they try to print from JDE the printer is printing out wierd geometrical shapes that take up a large portion of the page, diagonal lines, and asci code. Any ideas on what could be causing this or a possible solution? As always any input is greatly appreciated.

-Daniel

Re: Network Wide Problems with JDE Print/Printing Function. Users are printing out docs with geometric shapes, diagonal lines et

one thing that seems to be helping is to have the users log out of JDE then uninstall/reinstall the printer. This seems to be stopping the odd shapes from printing out but when a longer (5+ pages) print job comes up it will print out the first 5 or so pages and then get stuck in spooling and never complete the job. any input would be appreciated.

Re: Network Wide Problems with JDE Print/Printing Function. Users are printing out docs with geometric shapes, diagonal lines et

What you are describing is not a problem with JDE, but with Citrix and how it is mapping printers and their drivers.

Sounds like a mis-match of printer drivers at the Citrix level. Do you know what the update to the servers was?

after a little more experimentation on my own machine here's what is happening. When I log onto JDE and try to print screen or print through adobe i don't see any printers. If I look in the citrix connection center and see what server i'm on and then log onto that server via the remote desktop connection my printers miraculously show up. As soon as I disconnect the remote desktop session the printers are gone again. Any ideas?

Back