New with JDE security

Maria Pardo

Maria Pardo

Hello All,
I am working with JDE security for the first time- Does anybody find it as difficult as me? I would like to find somebody in this situation to exchange impressions- I would appreciate advice!
Thanks!

Hola Maria,

Yes, JDE security takes some getting used to. Have you taken any classes? Oracle offers a three day class in security. If that is going to be part of your job responsibilities, than I highly recommend taking a class. If your company subscribes to jdetips.com, there are some good articles in their knowledge garden. There is also a good systems administration book, but that book is pretty light on security.

- Gregg

Does anyone know if there is a setting in JDE OW that shows the date a user id is disabled? and a setting that shows the last time a user id signed onto the application?
thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if there is a setting in JDE OW that shows the date a user id is disabled? and a setting that shows the last time a user id signed onto the application?
thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amy,

In the user security application (P98OWSEC), there is a "work with security history" application that can tell you that information. To gather data, you need to have security logging enabled.

As Gregg pointed out , you can use the Security History form exit on the P98OWSEC table , which looks at the F9312 table. What gets logged in this table will depend on the setting on your security server's JDE.INI. User log on and log off events need the History=1 setting in order to be logged in this table. Other events like user addtion , deletion , admin reset etc are logged even with History=0 (default setting). I did just check and I dont see any event for a User ID getting disabled , so the date a User ID got disbaled will still be hard to track.

[ QUOTE ]
thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

To find disabled users:

USE JDE812
SELECT SCUSER, SCEUSER, SCUPMJ, SCUPMT from SY812.f98OWSEC where SCEUSER=2

SCUPMJ will tell you what day the user was disabled in JD Edwards Ordinal Date format where the first three digits describe the year (ex: 110 = 2010, 109 = 2009) and the next three digits tell you what day of the year (ex: 214 = August 2).

See http://www.fs.fed.us/raws/book/julian.shtml for more information.

SCUPMT will tell you what time in hhmmss format unless the hour is a single digit in which case it is hmmss format.

For when a user last signed on take a look in P98OWSEC history for Event Type 1 as long as login auditing is turned on. Be sure to sort by date then time.

Hola!

Thank you Gregg- by the way do you know or does anyone know where I can download the latest fusion documentation from. My manager has been asking me for it.

Back