Quote: JD Edwards’ forward development has pretty much become stagnant

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date
[ QUOTE ]
"JD Edwards’ forward development has pretty much become stagnant" from the same article:

[/ QUOTE ]

If the forward development becomes stagnant, does that mean that they will then start to take the time to do some quality checking on the software they've already pushed out to the market? Or am I asking too much?
grin.gif

No - they won't play catch-up... that's what they have us for

It all depends how you look at it, isn't it?

I chuckle when people rally against the quality of some of Microsoft's offerings. IT people need bugs the same way cops need criminals; one wouldn't exist without the other.

I've written enough fixes for the CSMS (Service and Warranty) module I've thought I could offer it back to Oracle as some sort of giant patch. On the other hand, my employer appreciates (and pays for my salary) to fix and enhance it.

The only thing I find myself wishing for from the JDE toolset is better tools to work with email and the internet in general. Other than that, it works.

Morglum

[ QUOTE ]

I've written enough fixes for the CSMS (Service and Warranty) module I've thought I could offer it back to Oracle as some sort of giant patch. On the other hand, my employer appreciates (and pays for my salary) to fix and enhance it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's where us two cops choose different donuts. You are a developer, so the the bugs keep you in business. I'm a CNC. If I do my job right, I'm like the Maytag repairman. No phone calls. Of course, JDE is no Maytag......
wink.gif

I'm afraid I have to agree with that statement Jeff.

JDE's core offerings just haven't changed that much in the last 10 years. From an application point of view its not hard to jump from XE to 9.0 - everything pretty much looks and behaves the same . . . bugs and all. Every release I have to fix bugs related to Work Order Scheduling, Sales Orders losing Advanced Pricing data, etc. (Despite the fact that many SARs have been introduced to fix these same problems over the years . . . again and again and again)

[ QUOTE ]
(Despite the fact that many SARs have been introduced to fix these same problems over the years . . . again and again and again)

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're REALLY saying is that Oracle should be getting pretty good at fixing those bugs, since they have had so much practice doing so......
tongue.gif

Actually Gregg . . . what I'm saying is that they get really good at TRYING to fix them . . . but they never do. However their ability to obfuscate the code gets better every day.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually Gregg . . . what I'm saying is that they get really good at TRYING to fix them . . . but they never do. However their ability to obfuscate the code gets better every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Mr. IT Director, Denver is doing the best it can"

"Those guys haven't done anything original since Ed was there, with his statue showing them how to fish"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUekeUCrS1M&feature=player_embedded#t=1m40s

[ QUOTE ]

"Those guys haven't done anything original since Ed was there, with his statue showing them how to fish"

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall that the statue is no longer there. Think Ed took it with him for his front lawn when he retired for the second time?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to recall that the statue is no longer there. Think Ed took it with him for his front lawn when he retired for the second time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this isn't too far from the truth. There were actually TWO statues made - the one outside JDE Campus was marked "2/2" - the second one was placed in his back garden in Cherry Hills Village, and was lit up at night.

I think they might have taken that second statue from the campus and moved it to his ranch in Silverthorne. That'd be my best guess. I'm sure google maps would turn up something interesting...

Back