UO -- again

adeel

VIP Member
Hello everyone.

i have learned alot here regarding user overrides. and here is the link in the past
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=150752&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

The situation i have is very unique. Earlier i added datagrid for application P4310 and made it *Public so everyone have access to the datagrid. Now there is new user we created today and i was expecting that the new user will have the datagrid automatically but the user can not have the datagrid for application P4310.

Peter and JDEINJ suggested the sequences in the above link as follow

1) If there is a User ID UO then it will be used.
2) If there is no User ID UO then the Role UO will be used.
3) If there is no Role UO then the *PUBLIC UO will be used.

I assumed that the point 3 will apply here but did not even i assigned the datagrid to the user individually (point 1) did not work then i assigned the datagrid to role user have (point 2) above did not work. Is something else i need to do e.g to the role or user setting?
or i need to re-do the *Public again? any help will highly appreciated.

Please advice.

E812 and release 8.96.

AD

Adeel,

In the thread to which you refer, I had mentioned the following after the the inheritance sequence:

[ QUOTE ]
An additional warning for the web: User ID UO's are created automatically if they do not exist, based on the above inheritance rules. Thus if you need to change the UO you will always have to delete the User ID UO for the change to be inherited or to copy it diectly to the User ID.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important as you said you are on E8.12 which is web only.

Thanks Peter

I tried to copy user id UO directly to user but does not show up by login using the role. I guess their something with the role setting or user setting? Dont know why the new user can not see the UO even i copy from the old user.

Thanks
AD

AD,

What we do - and I haven't personally done this for quite a whie - is to delete the public or role UO, which ever is applicable, copy the new UO to the public or role, which ever I deleted, and, making sure the user is loged off, I then delete the users UO. When they log on again they should pick up the new uo.

Hi Peter

Thanks for the information. I logged this group many time but dont see more responses as expected. May be people dont have an issue so they fine.
Here i explain what i have done in PY environment as i dont want to delete the PD Public as other users are usually login.

I have UO of user id lets call ABC which is the originator of the UO. and no one has the UO as i deleted all UO from all users except the user ABC.

To test your three point rule i copy to the UO to myself and i am able to see UO on P4310 then i deleted UO from myself and copy UO of user ABC and made it *public and again i can see the UO myself. You three points rules definatelly working. I did not try role UO but should be fine.

But when the new user login they can not see the UO in both cases after making *Public and also can not see even if i delete the *Public and copy the UO from user ABC to the new user. Very strange.

Note i am power user and the new user has different role but i believe this should not be a matter as *Public should work.
Looks like the new user is not exist in some of the table or might issue with the role. Is there any other table i can take a look behind the scene using SQL i check system table F98950 which looks ok but there might be other related table which might has a link to this table and failing due to new user not exists in other table?

Thanks

AD

AD,

If any role that user ABC has a UO for the same app and version, then the user ABC will not inherit the *PUBLIC UO depending on the setup and sequencing of roles. I have not tried this with multiple roles.

You may have to check each role that the user has.

Make sure that the user does not have the UO. If you try a couple of times you will need to delete the UO again as it will be created again when the user logs on - even though it is not the UO you want the user to inherit.

I do remember that there was sometimes UO entries in the UO table that did not appear in the UO application.

I have not had any experience with 8.12. so I do not know if it is different in any way.

Peter.
I have checked all the roles and none role have UO. I even deleted all the UO in PY and leave thr *Public and when i login myself the UO created automatically, but no luck with the users having UO issue.

Today i created brand new user and attach the one role and login and UO shows up. Very interesting.

I guess the only solution is to delete the users and recreate them again. or something you said is making sense is the sequencing as i did not attach all roles to the brand new user which i created today which shows UO. Tomorrow i will attach all roles same as users having issue and will see what happens.

Thanks

AD (QA).

Back