Variable Subform Error

ssolberg

VIP Member
I'm actually posting a solution, not a question! I'm starting to use more and more variable subforms on some of our forms to help keep our # of forms down to a manageable amount and not have mutiple forms just because of different text or logos or signatures on the forms for different companies.

So I ran into this issue the other day. I have a check form that needs three different signatures depending on a Company name that is already on the PDF. Not a problem, piece of cake.

After setting things up, my Preview on a couple of the forms was giving me all sorts of "typecase" errors and not working yet one of the signatures was. After fiddling with lots of stuff, I noticed that for whatever reason, I named the Section User Variable the SAME NAME as the variable subform name that was needed. Once I changed the Section User Variable Name to something NOT the same as the signature variable subform name, all worked just fine! Go figure.

Good catch Sannan!

You found a place where CformDesigner can't validate/check if what you're doing is allowed. One of those things you just have to know not to do.

Variable subforms are so handy for making form projects "dynamic". I use them in combination with UserVariables to dynamically build the variable subform name from data on the input page (Branch Plant, Company, etc.).

Karen.

Back