Changing System User require JDE services bounce?

oneworlduser

Hello All,

Need to know is it required to bounce JDE services after System user password change from P98owsec application & from Database server?
Actually in our JDE system we have 2 System users JDEUSER1[2 users are tagged] & JDEUSER2 [1000+ users tagged], Before changing JDEUSER2 system user we are planning to change JDEUSER1 for testing purpose as it has only 2 users tagged cause risk is low.
In jde.ini we have
[NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS]
QUser=JDE
QPassword=*******
So no need to change password in jde.ini
Please let me know if bouncing of JDE services is required after System user password change from P98owsec application & from Database server?

We are on Windows platform with JDE XE & MS SQL Database

Thanks!

Hello All,

Please ignore this post as by mistake it has been posted twice.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks for understanding!

The Username and Password in the JDE.INI is used to initially connect to the database server, and for all of the OneWorld processes to access the databases. That is cached at service start, so your services would have to be restarted if that user information was changed. But, you state that is not changing.

You shouldn't have to restart services when you change a user's security information, that is usually just read from the F98OWSEC table by the security kernel.

I ran a process where we added a unique System User for each OneWorld user so that I can use Profiler to trace a user's activity on the SQL Server. I updated > 500 System Users and did not have to restart services.

Hope that helps!

Back