Multiple Copies of PDF output

cdawes

VIP Member
This one seemed kind of odd but never had to do it before.

I have the requirement to print multiple copies of a UBE and don't want to run the UBE twice as it increases a next number.

I also do not want to change the settings on the physical printer to print all documents twice since the printer does more than just one UBE.

Tying to do this without a 3rd party solution (BI Publisger, CreateForm, Optio, etc.)

System config is AS/400 V5R4, 8.12 with 8.98.2.1.CPU. WAS is 6.1.0.21 on the AS/400.

Tried to change the printer definition on the AS/400 but the function doesn't appear to be supported.

Colin

Colin,

I don’t believe there is an out of the box setting that can specify the number of copies to print for a report / printer, other than the run time screen where you can specify the number of copies

You could how ever do an easy customization on the F986110 table trigger (I’ve seen many customers do this to control print immediate, without having the user to select it at run time). You could setup a new value in the default printer definitions status field (AV and NA are the standard ones UDC H98|ST) like C1, C2 (and the special handling value could indicate the number of copies to print)

In the F986110 trigger (Record insert) there is already a call to a function Send Print Request (B986162B), and one of the parameters of this function is number of copies.

So you could modify this accordingly or better yet add code to the record updated event, so the STD code is not modified

Of course if customization is not an option then this wont be suitable

I did this before using report interconnects. I had the UBE that updated the next number have suppressed output and called a reprint version of the report two times from the event rules of the updating report.

Back