New standard JDE environment creation procedure

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hello All,

Need to create a new standard JDE environment, please let me know the procedure.
I have already installed PS812 environment on both Deployment & Enterprise server via JDE CD, Do we have to create a new plan or reuse the old one?
It will be great if anyone provide me the steps.
[We are on Windows platform with JDE 812 with Oracle Database]

Thanks in Advance!

Hi,

What exactly do you intend to do? Install DV812?
Is there any reason you installed just PS812?

We have DV812 env. installed already, now we have to create PS812 env..the setup is for our internal lab.

Thanks.

hmmm... whatever standard is - never heard of a 'Standard' JDE Environment.... Been tweaking JDE for over ten years - and NEVER seen anything standard....

If you want a sandbox for your team to play in - why not VMs of Demo Junior (bike data and default setup???)?

How lucky, even an [email protected] address? Wow, Aryan, - can I buy that from you?

(db)

Big problems!

Any installation starts with Pristine environment.
You need it to run Installation Workbench, I'm sad to
say that you'll have to restart your install from
scratch and not forget to choose PS812.
In fact, I'd recommend you to install all environments,
that will greatly alleviate your work.

DBohner- Aren't PS,DV,PY & PD standard jde environments\path code?
QA,TEST etc are custom environments correct?
correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks Sebastian for suggestion.I'm new to jde installation, i'll start installation from scratch.

Aryan,

By standard - The first time a User, CNC or Developer touches any environment, it stops being standard...

The biggest plus to JDE is its ability to 'not be standardized'.
The biggest bain to JDE is its ability to 'not be standardized'.

For the most part, no two installations are really the same standard - even across the same company.

(db)

I am talking about fresh installation that means everything will be standard i.e. Objects/Environments etc as we get CD's from Oracle which has the entire standard JDE stuff only. Once installation is done then we can say that system is not-standard as there will be alteration in JDE by developer/functional & CNC guys.

Ok let’s stop this discussion, Thanks all for your valuable inputs.

Back