Web Dev Client Not Showing Menus

swallen

E812 Tools 8.97
I have a developer client where the web development client doesn't populate the menus. I've reloaded Websphere and the FAT client (including MSDE) with no luck. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Scott W. Allen

Which environment is this for? If not DV, have you checked your local web developer client's jdbj.ini and jas.ini file, as well as the jde.ini file on that client? Do all references to the environment point to the right place? Is the port # in the jde.ini file correct?

This is for DV812. I have check all three INI files you mentioned. They are identical to a functioning machine. Previously problems with these files, including port issues, resulted in the web dev feature not bring up a browser at all and erroring out. In this case the browser comes up, and shows the web client, but there are no menus and the fast path errors out. If this were the regular web client users work with, I'd regen the core objects. But that kind of thing shouldn't be necessary for the web dev cleint.

Thanks,
Scott W. Allen

Usually it is an incorrect value in the JDBJ.INI. Verify the values in the section [JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE] of your local JDBJ.INI. Since you mentioned MSDE also verify that you can connect to the local database using a sql local user named JDE with password JDE

Below is a sample of the local [JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]

[JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]
name=Local - PY812
databaseType=X
server=localhost
serverPort=3372
database=YourServerName
physicalDatabase=JDELocal_DV812
owner=dbo
lob=false
unicode=true
databaseInstance=JDESSELocal
user=sa
password=

Check you have MISC folder under x:\e812

This folder includes SQL Server and Oracle Database JAR File.

for MSDE :
msbase.jar
msutil.jar
mssqlserver.jar

for oracle :
ojdbc14.jar

Thanks Joel, mine looks OK:
[JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE]
name=OneWorld Local - DV812
databaseType=N
server=localhost
serverPort=3372
database=JDELocal_DV812
physicalDatabase=JDELocal_DV812
owner=dbo
lob=false
unicode=true
databaseInstance=JDELocal
user=sa
password=

Scott W. Allen

Thanks eSky,

I do have the files mentioned in your message, and they are identical to the files on a functioning machine.

Scott W. Allen

Thanks,

I don't know how to point my generation locally. Can you give me details?

Scott W. Allen

SOLVED

I'd like to thank everyone for their help. After working two days on this issue and almost nothing else, I have fixed the issue.

I replace the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server
from a a working workstation onto the trouble workstation and it now works. The actual cause I can only suspect. We use SQL 2000 and I believe the user may have at some point installed SQL 2005. This may have screwed up the web dev feature in JDE.

Scott W. Allen

Back