Screens freezing on web after 8.982.2 upgrade

Kieran

Kieran

Hi all

We have installed a new Win2008 server with OAS 10.1.3.4 and JAS 8.98.2.2 with IE7 as the browser. When the test users are working in the web the application will stop responding for a few minutes and then start working again!
confused.gif

I had this happen to me and I could open other apps but couldn't do anything in them. Then the WSJ app I had open started working again. I check the Ent and Jas logs and there was nothing around that time.

We are running multifoundation with 8.96.2.0 but the 896.2.0 web users havent experienced any of these issues (they are on different web servers).

I have checked the IE settings and added the web server to the trusted sites, checked http 1.1 is ticked, and enabled "Allow all session cookies". I have also added the registry key for MaxConnectionsPerServer" to 10 and I have checked that there is the correct DLL in the registry key as per solution ID 654767.1. I opened a case with Oracle but they are still looking into it.

The new servers are all VM so we arent sure if there is something up with the infrastructure. At the moment we only have a few users on the 898 test system so its not busy. I'm still setting up the webcache server but I wouldn't have thought it would have been the reason for the "freezes".

Cheers
Kieran
E812 898.2.2 SQL 2005/iSeries V6R1, Win2003 and 2008

We are running into similar issues where there is intermittent slowness and then all of a sudden the performance is acceptable. We have less than 5 users. I have looked at all the settings and I am at a loss.

Hi

We have found that IE7 Addons have caused a few problems but I dont know if this is the only reason for the freezes. If the clients upgraded from IE6 to IE7 then some of the addons don't work properly and can cause problems. We are still trying to figure out if this is the cause (we can't get a definitive answer from the users on this yet).

If you google IE7 freezing you will see lots of hits on this and I'd suggest starting my increasing your maxconnections to 10 as per Oracle's recommendation and turning off all addons.

Cheers
Kieran

Is there a business reason you are still using IE7?
Have you tried IE8? We are pretty happy with it (on tools 8.98.1.1)

Verify that Windows 2008 is certified with OAS, it was questioned when I started having issues with OAS and not the same issues with WebSphere. Also IE8 is far faster with E1 that IE7.

Back