Help: Message "***Security Alert***" in Jas Log

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
Help: Message \"***Security Alert***\" in Jas Log

I get the following in my JAS Log:

09 Feb 2010 16:57:59,291[Line ?][SEVERE][RUNTIME]***Security Alert***
Malicious script attack has been detected. The user session will be invalidated.
The parameter Name is:RENDER_MAFLET. The scripts are:E1Menu";</SCRIPT><INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=activeElement><SCRIPT>insertFormHeader("0","W5742101C","","P5742101","Enter Sales Order - Manage Existing Order","Errors and Warnings",false,"Help","About (Ctrl Shift J)","Item Help",0,0,"W5742101C","","Edit","","1");</SCRIPT><table CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=1 WIDTH=1000class=MenuBar id

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm guessing it is a virus.

E8.12, Tools 8.98.1.2, OAS 10.1.3.1

Re: Help: Message \"***Security Alert***\" in Jas Log

I am having a user that is continually kicked out and that exact error is in my jas logs as well. This is what I got from Oracle:

EnterpriseOne implemented cross site scripting (XSS) defense in 8.98 which will prevent the end users from entering malicious scripts and attacking the JAS server. Once such an attack is identified, the corresponding user will be kicked out and the system logs this error message.
Please inform your end user's that they can't enter anything that's executable into the edit field (url, any FC, GC, or the fast path etc), for example, if they try to put something like a HTML script tag, it is a malicious attack.

If you see these alert messages in your log files then it shows that some malicious data is being entered into the input edit boxes in the web applications (either knowingly or unknowingly) that are being blocked by the JAS server as a defense mechanism.

My user wasn't doing any of the above and I never found out why they were the only one that this was happening to.

One possible reason for this error which a user must be unknowingly doing and did not mean any harm is importing data from excel via the grid from an application. When you give incorrect column or cell ranges during the import this error comes up on the users screen as a message box. You might be seeing the same error in the logs

Joel, in this particular case the user was actually typing something in, funny how they don't remember what now LOL

They got disconnected multiple times.

But it's working now so who knows?

Back