Chinese Language Package

Googly

Hi,

We need Chinese Language Package, for our internal development work.

Can anyone guide me, where can I download this language package? and Is there any impact of this installation?

Regards,
Venkat

If you are on 8.12 or 9.0, then you can get those from eDelivery. If you are on 8.11 SP1 or earlier, then you have to contact Oracle to get access to that software.

Remember, there are two types of chinese - Simplified and Traditional Chinese.

The language packs are available for any version directly from JDE (Oracle) - just put in a Service Request, and they'll make the correct language pack available to you. I just did this for an Xe customer just a couple of months ago, and it took Oracle just 4-5 hours to get me the language pack.

Simplified Chinese has always been a Tier 1 language, Traditional Chinese has been a Tier 1 I think since 8.9 or so.

There is a HUGE impact on implementing Chinese on an existing implementation if you're on a non-unicode version of JDE. If you're on a unicode version (above 8.9) then it is installed just like any other language.

If you're running Xe/8.0 - then you cannot support unicode, so its important to understand that your installation can only support 1 doublebyte language (I can provide a lot of reasons why/how this occurs). If you're already using Japanese or Korean, for example, then either you install as a completely separate instance - or you need to upgrade to support more than two doublebyte languages.

I recently put a thread up on my experiences with implementing Simplified Chinese on here. Look at my posts in the last couple of months using the search function.

Back