E1 Tools Release

CNC Traveler

We are running 8.12 and currently 8.98.1.3 on an iSeries and encountered issues with our system locking up, jobs unable to process and the security kernel running high CPU. We received a POC from Oracle and it did not do the job for us. We were told to go to a new TR but I'm cautious about that given our last upgrade of TR.

I wanted to hear back recommendations from users who run simular config (AS/400, 8.12)along with any issues encountered with TR's above 8.98.1.3.

Thanks!

How current are you on your group PTF levels? We are running 8.98.1.4, just one release above yours, with no major issues.

I've got AS400 clients on 812 at the following:

8.98.0.4 (4 clients)
8.98.2.1.CPU (1 client)
8.98.2.2 (1 client)
8.98.2.3 (1 client)

don't see any random lockups that are not explainable. The only lock up I have is on the 8.98.1.CPU which can be traced to a bad BSFN that we haven't had time to fix. It only sends the one CALL OBJECT into a MTXW and anyone on the kernel "dies" - pretty infrequent overall.

You might want to look at tuning to resolve your issues. Many of these systems before tuning would lock up (ie not enough threads, not enough memory in the storage pool, etc.).

Can you outline your system hardware, memory pool config, etc.?

Colin

Back