Thin client for Mac OS users + Citrix

Joel

Well Known Member
We have a small site that has PC's with Mac OS and are planning to roll out JDE to that site. We are on 8.12 with 8.98.1.1 tools release. This customer uses Internet explorer published over Citrix for end users across all sites to login into JDE.

I did some research on how me can accommodate our Mac OS users and provide them access to JDE, if anyone has had experience in this area please validate if the below is true

1: Need to install Citrix client for Mac on these machines. These users can then use the same published internet explorer on their Mac Pc's to login into JDE. If this works, the below two options are irrelevant.

2: If IE cannot be launched from Citrix on these machines we will have to install Firefox 3 on a Citrix server and publish it. The problem is Firefox for windows is different from Firefox on Mac. How do we achieve this ?

3: Last option, install Firefox 3 on their machines and give them direct access to the JDE URL.

All three options will actually work, but you won't have to worry about going beyond #1. That is one area that Citrix pride themselves on: the ability to allow Mac users to run PC apps via their thin client.

Agreed - all 3 options will work. Once you get the citrix client installed and working - then the Mac users will be running IE as a published application with no issues. I use a Mac for my day-to-day use, and use RDP and Citrix to connect to my servers with no issues whatsoever.

Back