Are Datasource User Ids automatically created in database while installing JDE??

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I need info. reg Datasource User Ids, Please let me know are Datasource User Ids automatically created in database while installing JDE [E.g.: JDEDTA,SVM733,SYS733,PY7333,DV733 etc]
Actually we are in a process to clean the unused IDs which are available in Database/Active directory & OneWorld.

We are on MS SQL Server 2005 Database, OW XE on Windows platform.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Aryan,

>> Actually we are in a process to clean the unused IDs which are available in Database/Active directory & OneWorld.

Well, JDE won't create any active directory accounts on your database since its just a script to start you off. I think all you need to do is look on your deployment server install CD's and under database\yourdatabasename\ you can find a copy of the script that creates the users originally.

I think in most configurations you'll find that everything runs under a proxy account like "JDE". You can easily see this in any database tools SQL sessions monitor.

Its been a while but I'm fairly certain they are in that path. They may even be found on your live deployment server \\deploymentserver\b9\database.

Morglum

Morglum,

So [SQL.SVM7333
SQL.SYS7333
SQL.DV7333
SQL.JD7333] are database User Ids automatically created via script. can we change passwords of those? is it recommended to change passwords of those?

Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance!

This thread pretty much covers it, so I won't re-iterate

http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=18035&Main=17939

As a whole most sites (That I ever worked on, anyways) have a single proxy user that is the actual database account that users log in as at the database level called JDE.

The rest of the accounts you can change the password as long as you do the setup correctly in the JDE.INI on the enterprise server and deployment server.

The JDE account itself can have different passwords for the application "JDE account" and the database however I always used the same password to keep myself sane.

There are caveats such as - If you allow developers to create tables, etc, you will at minimum need to give them the crpdta password to generate the table (or devdta, whatever as per your environment setup..)

Morglum

Back