Internet Explorer 7 problem in E1

Piet Noppers

On some workstations (users) I have trouble using E1 and IE7.
When choosing a option from the menu for the 2nd time, IE says page is not available (error 404). When I go back and try again it works well. This problem occures on almost all menu choices.

By example: when choosing system maintenance, usermanagement, users, the first time the appplication starts. When I close the application and start the same again, then IE7 says page is not available (error 404).

Piet,

Firstly, welcome to JDEList.

You have provided good information about when the problem occurs, but it is impossible to diagnose without information about your installation.

Please include the version of E1, the Tools Release, the web software application and version (EG IBM HTTP and Websphere 6), the platforms and operating systems for each machine (enterprise server, web server, web client, and also the database server).

Is your EI installation MTR complient?

Have you got any logs of the problem? If so please post them.

What have you done in your effort to solve your problem, with what results?

Have you contacted Oracle, or searched the My Oracle Support website? What did Oracle say? What did you find that may be of at least partial use?

Have you searched JDEList? What did you find that may be of at least partial use?

Peter,

Hereby information about our JD E1 environment:
E1: 811-SP1

TR: 8.98.06

E1/DB Server: HP DL580/G2

DB: DB2 v9.1.0.4

Websphere 6.1

Websphere Server: HP DL380 G4

Client: XP SP3 / IE7

I don't have logs of the problem, because it appears only on some
workstations with IE7. Most of the systems work fine.
I didn't contact oracle yet, because I thing it has something to do with
IE7. Under IE6 this problem didn't occur as far as I know.

Gr.,

Piet

Do the users have any tool bars installed like Yahoo or Google toolbars? We had this issue for one user and saw they had three different tool bars installed in IE, one of which I never heard of. Once we uninstalled them the issue went away.

Re: RE: Internet Explorer 7 problem in E1

When you say the second time you get an error 404, have you actually closed down your browser session from the first attempt?

Are you using multiple JVM's per HTML instance?

RE: RE: Internet Explorer 7 problem in E1

No, I didn't close the browers; just the E1 session.

It looks like this was the problem and solution.
I uninstalled the pdfforce toolbar, and it likes like the problem is
gone.
THX!

Back