JDE 8.12 & Oracle Database service issue

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I am facing a strange issue, actually we have JDE 8.12 & Oracle Database in same windows machine & I have kept the services of both as Automatic, when ever I reboot my server Oracle services comes up but JDE service doesn’t, I have to manually start JDE service sometimes it comes up via manual start & some time I have to stop Oracle services then start JDE services then the JDE service come up with our any issues.

Can anyone tell me why these 2 services are behaving in this manner?

Thanks in Advance!

We had this same issue with the same server setup. What we did was change the JDE service to manual, created a batch file to wait 2 minutes and then start the JDE service, and then installed the Windows Server resource kit to use AutoexNT to run that batch file as a service.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,

I am facing a strange issue, actually we have JDE 8.12 & Oracle Database in same windows machine & I have kept the services of both as Automatic, when ever I reboot my server Oracle services comes up but JDE service doesn’t, I have to manually start JDE service sometimes it comes up via manual start & some time I have to stop Oracle services then start JDE services then the JDE service come up with our any issues.

Can anyone tell me why these 2 services are behaving in this manner?

Thanks in Advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer may be to create dependencies between the services.

Stop JDE Services. Make sure they stop clean. If necessary, set the JDE services to manual and reboot the machine to ensure they are stopped when you uninstall them

These steps are for an old version of E1, modify directory paths as needed.

Uninstall jdesnet:

cd jdedwardsoneworld\ddp\b733x\system\bin32
jdesnet -u

Reboot

Reinstall jdesnet with a dependency on Oracle:
jdesnet -i -d"Whatevertheoracleservicenameis"

Note: You can find the Oracle service name in the service properties

If the Enterprise server is on a microsoft cluster, that's an easy fix. In cluster admin, you can setup the dependencies to make sure that the database comes up first, before the JDE services. Jeff has a good fix, but if this is a clustered environment, then unistall/reinstall portion of Jeff's fix is unnecessary. No matter what, you will need to get some type of dependency solution in place to ensure that the database is up first.

- Gregg

[ QUOTE ]
If the Enterprise server is on a microsoft cluster, that's an easy fix. In cluster admin, you can setup the dependencies to make sure that the database comes up first, before the JDE services. Jeff has a good fix, but if this is a clustered environment, then unistall/reinstall portion of Jeff's fix is unnecessary. No matter what, you will need to get some type of dependency solution in place to ensure that the database is up first.

- Gregg

[/ QUOTE ]

The mention of the services being set to automatic precludes the possibility of this being a clustered environment.

The warm Florida weather allowed me to deduce this.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand humbled by your Sherlock Holmeseanish observation.

Actually I sit bundled in multiple layers of sweaters and parkas as I fend off the Artic tundra-like temperatures of Buffalo in mid-winter.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand humbled by your Sherlock Holmeseanish observation.

Actually I sit bundled in multiple layers of sweaters and parkas as I fend off the Artic tundra-like temperatures of Buffalo in mid-winter.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know my methods, Watson.

[ QUOTE ]

- Gregg

[/ QUOTE ]

We do not have microsoft cluster env...Could anyone let me know how to create service dependencies on single normal server.

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- Gregg

[/ QUOTE ]

We do not have microsoft cluster env...Could anyone let me know how to create service dependencies on single normal server.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already did.

http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=OW&Number=155266&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=155254&Search=true&where=&Name=369&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post155266

Back