How to bring back custom code

saurav-ocean

I am planning for an upgrade from OW Xe to 9.0

Existing OW is highly customised. How to bring back those customizations in new 9.0. I am aware that 3rd party tools like Boomerang does it. If I do not got go for 3rd party, what option do I have within JDE ? Please let me know

In the upgrade process, just as with the ESU process, you can select which objects you want to try to bring across in the spec merge process (when R98700 runs).

It will try to figure out what is "normal" JDE code, and what are customizations, and try to merge your custom stuff across.

That being said, I'm not sure I would recommend that for standard JDE objects. I would look at the new functionality of the 9.0 version of the object, and then retrofit what I wanted. This falls under the eternal debate of "should I customize an existing object, or copy it to a custom object?"

1. The upgrade will give you ALL the custom objects you want.
1a. It is possible that the Table Conversions would not work anymore; this is why I replaced them all with regular UBEs BEFORE upgrading
tongue.gif

1b. You will recreate your Database Views manually, too - exclude them from the Upgrade Objects list, or JDE will actually CREATE them as Tables!
2. Anything else (vanilla modifications) shall be retrofitted. Manually
cool.gif

2a. Same thing with ESUs / Updates. There's no "Merging Code" for vanilla objects anymore.
blush.gif

Ken's advice is the best. Anything 55-59 or custom for that matter comes over untouched (doesn't mean it will work). Any mods done to "out of box" objects will go bye-bye, but should be checked as many mods might already exist in the new code.

Back