XE SP 24.1.1

gregglarkin

gregglarkin

Legendary Poster
Hi List

My prod XE environment is currently on SP 23 X. To support Windows 7 and the latest greatest Microsoft browsers, we are looking to upgrade to SP 24.1.1. Any feedback on that tools release?

Enterprise Server - WinTel 2003 SQL 2005
Terminal Servers - WinTel 2003
Jas Server - OAS 10.1.3

I have tested Windows 7 against our current environment without any issues, but we would like to bring our XE environment up to a supported level for Windows 7.

BTW - it's not yet fully approved, but it looks like we will begin our first 9.0 project for a portion of my North American environment soon.

- Gregg

Greg,

We went live last weekend on SP24.1.1 and so far so good (as he looks for a piece of wood to knock on). Our configuration is pretty different from yours, however, so not sure how useful that information is to you.

One item to note is that there was an exceptional amount of rebranding. The Windows client log in looks like the E1 Dev client.

And the Xe HTML client (yes, there is one of those and yes, we are using it) was even more re-branded. It now looks like the E1 Web client, superficially anyway. We had to do some surgery on the images to keeep from completely confusing our users.

There is no specific install documentation for it, so whatever you used for SP23_X will have to suffice for 24.1.1.

Enterprise Server: AS400 V5R4
Terminal Servers: Windows 2003, Citrix PS4.5
Jas Server: WAS 6.0.2.29

Greg and Mark,

Do either of you run DSI? I've been hearing rumblings on the list that there are issues with DSI and SP24.

Regards,
Dan

Re: SP 24.1 Documentation

Sorry to hijack the thread and put it off topic slightly, but Oracle has released some new documentation for SP 24.1.x. They pertain to the Visual Studio 2008 certification, installation of the JAS server on WebSphere 6.1, and the WAS Portal 6.1 certification.

Oracle's main position is still "The guides from Release SP23 are applicable to SP24.0.0 with the addition of a net change document that addresses information specific to Release SP24.0.0."

The links to the net change documents are here (Oracle Doc ID 816114.1). I say "documents" because there is also a 24.0.0 to 24.1.0 net change document in there. The links to the 24.1-specific documents are here (Oracle Doc ID 977541.1).

I've upgraded 3 sites to the supported 8.98 levels for Win 7 and IE 8, no issues so far. There's a whole matrix in the MTR's depending on what the OS is for IE8, but so far so good.

Hope all works for you.

Back