Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hello All,

Need info. on JDE OW Upgrade

1] How to perform Upgrade?
2] What are the steps?
3] MTR's etc..

Just need a brief idea about Upgrade as I am not aware of this stuff being a JDE OW CNC admin.
It will be great if any one share document of Upgrade!

Thanks in Advance.

1) The nuts and bolts of the upgrade procedure can be found in any upgrade manual, downloadable from edelivery.oracle.com.

2) See step #1. In general, install like a new installation, except for some steps here and there to bring across your custom code and convert your data.

3) Here are all the current MTRs (link).

Now, it is easier to answer your questions if you share:
a) What version are you upgrading from?
b) What version you are upgrading to (assuming 9.0, but you never know).
c) There are different manuals for each platform. What is your platform, OS, DB, etc. information?

If you have not done this before, I will repeat the recommendation that you find a CNC implementation consultant to help you with the process, as those "extra" steps I mentioned in #2 above are not the easiest things to keep track off and make sure they run right.

P.S. I seem to recall answering this same question once or twice in the last month. Have you searched this section of JDEList?

Hi,

You can call Oracle support and ask them the E900 or E812
Upgrade guides; nobody should be sharing Oracle
documentation because it's protected by copyright laws.

Oracle PDFs clearly explain how to run the upgrade.

For the MTRs : check Oracle website.

Brief idea : very complicated, not for beginners

Final piece of advice : get someone else to do it for you,
you won't regret it.

Sebastian

Thanks all, I am not performing Upgrade. just need to know what all needs to be done if required & for knowledge.

I have done installation but Upgradation nope
frown.gif

Ahhhh...another company that wants to "save" money by upgrading without experience...gotta love it!
smile.gif

Back