User sessions not clearing from OAS after logout

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I have a situation where my user sessions on OAS remain showing on Server Manager after the user has logged out. The sessions appear to remain until the inactivity timeout interval has been reached.

Does anyone know how to force the session to 'die' after a couple of minutes (or immediately) when the user logs out? I do not want to change the inactivity timeout.

Thanks

Tom
E1 8.12, Tools 8.98.1.2, OAS 10.1.1, Windows

This is probably already set, but check [ERPINTERACTIVITY] in JAS.INI for LogoutOnBrowserClose=true.

Also, check in [OWWEB] for LogoutProcessTimeout. The default value is supposed to be 720000, but I usually cut it down to 90000. This flag is the amount of time that a user session stays open to wait for a business function to return, after a user may have already logged out.

Ken,

I do have LogoutOnBrowserClose=true and LogoutProcessTimeout=720000. However my jobs are remaining on the order of 20 min after logout, well past the timeout period

Tom

That 20 minute figure sounded familiar, and I finally figured it out. For user sessions, whether they are in OAS or WebSphere, timeout values are not all set in the JAS.INI. There are also values in HTTPD.CONF, and in the application server itself.

For OAS, where you change this value depends on your version of OAS. This white paper describes it well (Oracle Doc ID 647799.1, Knowledge Garden login required).

Thanks Ken,

However I want to have people that leave the tube to still have the 20 min timeout. If they LOGOUT I want a 30sec-2min timeout.

Maybe JDE doesn't tell OAS the session is done...

Back