Update 8 for XE

ARJOHNSON

Hi all!

We have been requested by the business community to apply some ESUs for AR, GL, AP and FA. It appears from my initial research that there are a TON of dependencies with ESUs (especially for AR).

I wanted to get some feedback as to how long Update 8 may have took to prepare for and implement (rough estimate - I realize there are many variables including retrofitting -which we have a lot of). Also what-if any issues did anyone run into installing it?

Our Current System Info:
- EnterpriseOne Xe, SP23_M1, Update 7
- iSeries model 550 V5R4, 3 main LPARS – AS01 (Prod), AS01CRP (Prototype), and AS01DEV (Development)

Thanks for your Feedback!!! Have a great weekend!

To prepare, I usually like to run either R9840D or get a list of modified objects from the Spec Merge Selection application. I only look for the standard JDE objects that have been modified, as your custom stuff should not be touched.

Only you can say how long it will take you to retrofit everything that turns up.

As far as implementation, I would prepare for a few hours per path code to run the spec merge. There is a period of 1 year and 2 months between Update 7 (cutoff date of 10/29/02) and Update 8 (cutoff date of 1/6/04), which covers a lot of ESUs.

I don't recall too many issues on install, but you'd probably want to install the latest Planner ESU first.

Thank you for the reply Ken. However we are still at the point of determining whether we "need" to go to Update 8 or can we apply the individual ESUs being requested. Seems there are a lot of dependencies on recent ESUs which is why we were looking at the possibility of applying update 8.

What I usually find is that when you start looking at the available Baseline ESUs you could take, the dependencies are either taken care of by those, or you'll find that it really spirals out, asking for other updated objects, which will necessitate that you take Update 8 anyway.

I would link to the List of Available Baseline ESUs, but the site appears to be down right now.

Thanks Ken for you response this morning. I'm afraid too, that applying Update 8 will be necessary due to all the dependencies. Unfortunately though there is still a long list of ESUs that will need to be applied which are not covered in Update 8..

In regard to the link being down, yes it has been down all weekend-- very frustrating!.. I opened a case with Oracle over the weekend (SR #3-1351595561- [email protected] is the rep assigned to it)

Back