9.0 E1Local connection issue on Client

Graham Jones

I am at the stage of installing the first development client in a new 9.0 install. The deployment & enterprise servers are complete and running and I have built a DV900 full package with web feature. I then installed 11g client on the new client and did the package install. It correctly identified that Oracle database was needed and installed E1Local without issue. After the required reboot I continued with the DV900 install.

On completion I tried signing in as JDE and immediately got the Database Password Entry box up asking for a password for user JDE. The jde.log just says "Error - ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied".

I have a call open with Oracle but they have not managed to get me past this error as yet. If anyone can offer any suggestions then they would, as always, be gratefully received.

Deployment Server - Windows 2008 Server 64 bit SP2
Enterprise Server - Linux 5 64 bit + Oracle 11g
Tools release 8.98.2.2

A couple of possibilities:

1) Security Server is on for the Enterprise Server, but not specified in your local JDE.INI?
2) Security Server is not specified anywhere yet, but the login on the fat client is case sensitive?

On SQL Server 2005 and above, I know that with Security Server off, I have to remember to type in "JDE" as the password, and not "jde". I don't know if this is the case with Oracle, as I have not yet done a 9.0 install on Oracle DB.

Thank you Ken, Oracle pointed me in the same direction.

I don't get the E1Local box anymore but the sign on now fails with JDB9900913 - Failed to create global table specs for F98MOQUE error.

I have fed this information back to them.

Just to close this off I followed Ken's advice and then had to reinstall the full package. This cleared up all issues.

Thanks again.

Back