HTTP server DMZ Setup Question

ddearmore

Hello

I have a setup question. We are moving to JDE9 with TR 8.98.2.0. We will be doing horizontal clustering with 6 OAS 10.1.3.4 application servers. The application will need to be accessed from the internet so we will be placing HTTP servers in the DMZ that will pass traffic back to the 6 Application servers. Do I need a 1 to 1 relationship of HTTP servers to Application servers or can I do a 1 to many relatoinship? How many HTTP servers would you anticipate needing in the DMZ? SSL will be used as well. Thanks in advance.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello

I have a setup question. We are moving to JDE9 with TR 8.98.2.0. We will be doing horizontal clustering with 6 OAS 10.1.3.4 application servers. The application will need to be accessed from the internet so we will be placing HTTP servers in the DMZ that will pass traffic back to the 6 Application servers. Do I need a 1 to 1 relationship of HTTP servers to Application servers or can I do a 1 to many relatoinship? How many HTTP servers would you anticipate needing in the DMZ? SSL will be used as well. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Properly sized, a single box can be used. Or you can use a load-balancing device to front two HTTP servers for redundancy.

Name-based virtual hosting is your friend.

Back