runube in Unix with user other than jde812

OracleCNC

I know Oracle's official stance is that they will only support runube command if launched by the user who has started the E1 services (in my case jde812) but I am looking for a work around:
Scheduler ID needs to be able to log onto Unix (Solaris 10) and launch E812 batch jobs.
I have started working on a script to fool the system into thinking jde812 is running the command, but am hitting a wall.
Has anyone successfully achieved this?
Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
I know Oracle's official stance is that they will only support runube command if launched by the user who has started the E1 services (in my case jde812) but I am looking for a work around:
Scheduler ID needs to be able to log onto Unix (Solaris 10) and launch E812 batch jobs.
I have started working on a script to fool the system into thinking jde812 is running the command, but am hitting a wall.
Has anyone successfully achieved this?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never done it but try the su command.

My experience has been that different flavors of UNIX behave differently when it comes to runube. The reason for this is the security placed on the IPCs.

For instance, with HP-UX (specifically, PA-RISC), you can run:

chmod 4755 $OWHOME/bin32/runube

This sets the uid bit so that another user can issue the runube command and not have to switch (su) to the process owner (jde812 in your case.) Care must be taken to ensure that proper security is placed on the JDE directory and subdirectories (ini, PrintQueue, etc.), and that the scheduler user has the proper environment variables set.

With AIX 5.3, my experience has been that this does not work and that it must be executed by the process owner. A good third party scheduler and/or good shell scripts can work around the issue.

With Solaris 10, it may or may not work. I have a SPARC workstation sitting on the floor near me, but I don't have E1 loaded on it at the moment so I can't test this on Solaris.

Problem with su is that it prompts you for a password. This is for a scheduler, so want to keep it simple and hands off.

Tried setuid to both 4777 and 6777 but no go in solaris (at least our install).
My script actually calls enterpriseone.sh so my variables should be set OK. the launch starts OK but then I get an error: runube: JDB_InitEnvOvrExtToken failed with rcode = 0

Out of curiosity what Scheduler are you using? I worked with a Third Party scheduler (AppWorx) which was able to successfully run runube and runubexml commands as another "application" user on HP-UX, but they did have an executable called SURUN which had the ability for one user to run programs as another user. It referenced an authorize.lis file which listed what programs could be run as what user. The Binary itself had to be owned by root with a sticky bit.

I know this is not of much help , but if you are using an Enterprise Scheduler product , talk to the vendor to see if they have something similar.

[ QUOTE ]
Problem with su is that it prompts you for a password. This is for a scheduler, so want to keep it simple and hands off.

[/ QUOTE ]

sudo?

I think they are using BMC Patrol. I have emailed the team implementing the product with your comments.
What you mention is what I am trying to do with my script. It just seems like I am missing a piece....
Thanks for the reponse.

Back