Application Version/UBE versions package build/deploy ?

oneworlduser

Hello All,

I have few Questions:

1] There is no need to package build/deploy JDE applications ?
2] Reports have to be package build/deploy ?
3] Report version has to be package build/deploy ?
4] Application Version package build/deploy - No need ?

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello All,

I have few Questions:

1] There is no need to package build/deploy JDE applications ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do or do not... there is no try.

[ QUOTE ]

2] Reports have to be package build/deploy ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Named must your fear be before banish it you can

[ QUOTE ]

3] Report version has to be package build/deploy ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if anything to say about it I have.

[ QUOTE ]

4] Application Version package build/deploy - No need ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.

I cannot speak to questions 1-3 but for question 4 Gregg is right. "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is. " I would really just follow that and then you'll be alright. I also think you will have a successful marriage if you follow this advice.

Truly wise are you, oh Master Yoda Larkin. Humbled are we to learn from the esteemed CNC Master.
smile.gif

To translate into usable English for "oneworlduser":

In general, all objects that have been modified require a package of some kind (full or update) to be built and deployed in order for other users to see the changes. The definition of object includes interactive applications, UBEs (reports), batch versions, business functions, tables, processing option templates, data structures, named event rules, and business views, plus any vocabulary overrides.

Things which do not need to built into a package are menus, user overrides, changes to processing option values (unless the version is run through the scheduler), and interactive application versions.

Every package that you build should be both a client and a server package, unless the package only contains interactive applications.

In the future, platform and version information would be helpful. Also, from your questions, it would appear that you should get your employer to send you for training.

I had read long back in a doc. that for OW Applications [P****] Package is not required, promotion is enough.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

You are thinking about versions. If there is a NEW version that has been promoted, JDE with JITI the specs without a package build. If the version is a revision, it requires a new package.

The only way that a new application would work without a package build is if a developer did a "GET" to force the code up to the terminal server or fat client. Period packages are required for a reliable, stable system.

OK, to put it in your terms, promotion is enough for the following objects: menus, user overrides, and interactive application versions.

Everything else that would be promoted requires a package build. UBE templates and the applications themselves must be built into a package, unless as Master Gregg said, the person does a Get from their fat client.

So the conclusion is:

1] NEW version - No package
2] Change version - Requires a new package
3] menus, user overrides, and interactive application versions – No package
For all other objects package is required.

Thanks all for valuable info.

Back