OneWorld History

rramac

Hi I am pretty much new to CNC. I was wondering if someone let me know the history (technical) of OneWorld; like what are the versions from beginig to till date and what are the changes that took place in each change that OneWorld underwent.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi I am pretty much new to CNC. I was wondering if someone let me know the history (technical) of OneWorld; like what are the versions from beginig to till date and what are the changes that took place in each change that OneWorld underwent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try doing a search on this site - I believe that that has been discussed a few times in this section of the JDElist.

The history of OneWorld is like a Cormac McCarthy novel. It is dark and violent; filled with people stoned to the bejeezus on ether and amyl nitrates, smashing AS/400s, throwing Dell servers out of windows like a road crew for Satan. A mad max landscape of bodies on the road to a JITI from the Object Librarian. It is a horrible, horrible story and the history bears no repeating. You would have had to have lived it to understand the black arts that you confront. If you want to read some history, pick up a nice book about how Columbus sailed the ocean blue. The entire history of CNC is kept under lock by a cabal of tech freaks who are too high on a bad butane buzz or too freaked out about the latest ESU release. Stay away from this history...stay away.

[ QUOTE ]
The history of OneWorld is like a Cormac McCarthy novel. It is dark and violent; filled with people stoned to the bejeezus on ether and amyl nitrates, smashing AS/400s, throwing Dell servers out of windows like a road crew for Satan. A mad max landscape of bodies on the road to a JITI from the Object Librarian. It is a horrible, horrible story and the history bears no repeating. You would have had to have lived it to understand the black arts that you confront. If you want to read some history, pick up a nice book about how Columbus sailed the ocean blue. The entire history of CNC is kept under lock by a cabal of tech freaks who are too high on a bad butane buzz or too freaked out about the latest ESU release. Stay away from this history...stay away.

[/ QUOTE ]

And somehow Hitler got involved.

It's about that time for a replay, isn't it? http://jeffstevenson.karamazovgroup.com/2008/12/hitler-and-cnc-guys.html

rramac, this is your future. Do realize the kind of living hell you are walking into? This is Hitler; the most reviled person in the history of the world. His very name speaks evil. The freaks are out on this one rramac. They're coming out from behind the servers and jdbj.ini configurations; pale and gaunt, smarter than you with a look that lets YOU know it. You've upset the great beast with your question about the history of CNC. I fear for you in ways that transcend the terrestrial. You are in the hands of a dark master now.

Just to save you a little bit of trouble, since it has been over 2 years, here is a good thread on the subject, with answers from someone who should know (link).

Argggh !

Yes - the history of OneWorld, from the very beginning, is extremely fascinating. Providing you find sharp needles pushed into your eyes "fascinating" !

All kidding aside, was there something specific you wanted to know ? I was involved, as a few others were, right from the very beginning when OneWorld was still called "Everest" and we were implementing the Alpha and Beta releases at customers ! I've worked on every single version to the present day - and there are dark secret things about OneWorld that are still in the product today ! Many of which I'll take to my grave....

Back