Tools Release 24.1.1 Feedback

rwstolle

Tools Release 24.1.1 Feedback

From what I've read about 24.0.2 it wasn't ready for production and has many issues. Since 24.1.1 has been out since Dec 1. Does anyone have any initial feedback?

Thanks

Re: Tools Release 24.1.1 Feedback

We have tried all of the 24 Tools Release which have been unsuccessful. The biggest issue and a show stopper is the XML errors with Load Library failed with our transactions coming back up to JDE from DSI. We are currently on XE with SP23_O2. We have a call open with DSI and Oracle and no one has supplied us with a fix or what is causing this issue. Is anyone else on XE and running DSI?

HI Randy,

We applied SP 24.1.1 (Currently on SP23_S1) and have issues with DSI. We get unable to load library errors. Unfortunately our DSI Development servers are on Windows 2000 so we could not open a ticket with Oracle or DSI as its an unsupported platform.

We are planning to upgrade OS from Windows 200o to Windows 2003 over this weekend. I will let you know how it works then.

Thanks,
Raj

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is DSI?

Regards,

Alvin,

DSI is data collection software, used with scanners.

Dan

What are you using for your enterprise server? We are going live with SP24.1.1 February 7th. We have the issue with load library failed corrected. Check the data area DSPDTAARA DTAARA(B7334SYS/BUILD_VER). We found an error in the data area that was causing the load library failed. This would cause the COK to crash when sending data back to JDE from DSI.

Randy,

We're on an AS/400. What is the error in the data area?

Dan

We are currently on SP23_K1 and V5R3. We will have to soon upgrade our iSeries to V5R4. But prior to that we would need a SP upgrade of JDE. Can anyone please suggest the most stable tools release for Xe beyond SP23. Probably one is SP24 will be more desireable ... any suggestions.

I should have noted that we are running AIX 5.3 ent servers and Win/WAS JAS with Oracle as the database. We are running DSI 4.2 as well. Anyone with a simular enviroment having any problems with 24.1.1?

Hi,
This thread is pretty quiet. Which I hope is a good sign.

Here in my new job, we are looking at SP24.1.1 - really only for 11G certification.
Questions for you:
- Am I incorrect or does this SP really just have rebranding and 11G, WAS 6.1, and Vista certification?
- Anything new?
- Is anyone live on SP24.1.1?
- Any issues other than DSI interfaces?

Hope to see many of you at Collaborate!

Sue Shaw
Xe SP23S1 Oracle 10G

We're live on SP24.1.1 and we came from SP23. Not a huge amount of chnage apart from the stack. We've gone to 64 bit 11g from 32 bit 9i and new hardware and that difference is noticeable. We've gone to websphere 6.1 from 6.0 and there's a suspicion that it's not as good a closing cluster members with active sessions but that's not definite.

We seem to have one (maybe two) BSFNs in the 74U pathcode which will need some work but it's not a show stopper.

We're almost exclusively web client and peopl seem to like the rebranding but it's superficial.

Thanks Richard.

What are your thoughts on doing SP24.1.1, WAS6.1 (small amount of web use, custom apps only) and 11G all at once?
From SP23S1, WAS6.0 and 10G.
I am giving myself the shivers just thinking about it but it isn't that much of a jump. I have a well earned fear of SPs but am starting to think that this will not be too painful. (famous last words I bet)

Sue

Well we did a similar sized jump and made it.

We built an entire parallel server farm (DB , 4 Ent Serv, 2 Web serv) and did "some testing". Building in parallel and renaming servers brings its own problems (Oracle Ent Mgr console for one)

We've had no huge problems with the move but your mileage may vary

In the end providing you have the testing, someone else to sign it off and a good roll back permission it should be good.

Back