Security table that stores menu masking

daprtzlboy

Hello,

I'm trying to find an easy way of exporting a table dump or report that shows the menus that are masked for each role established in JDE. Has anyone ever done this before that could point me in the right direction?

If there's any other information you need, just let me know.

Thanks

I am still not sure I understand your question, and I did not see your system info either. Provide these "small" details, and you WILL get directions.
Welcome to the JDE List!

I may be making incorrect assumptions in what you are asking, but here goes...
Table F9000 contains the Tasks, you might call them menu items, the Task includes the program and version attached to the task. Table F9001 contains the Task Relationships, the parent task linked to a given child task. Unfortunately this relationship data is a single level, only the parent and the child are contained in a single record and the child could be the parent to dozens of more children tasks. Table F9005 contains the Task Variant Descriptions; the name and the Task View number of each of the Task Views that have been constructed in the system. And table F9006 contains the Variant Detail. When you go into a Task View in what was once called the "Fine Cut" mode and "disable" a task for a given role the system writes a record to F9006 containing the Task View, the Task Number, the Role to show that a Task within a particular View for a particular Role has been disabled. The complications are several. One when a Task is created it is "enabled" for all Roles in a Task View until it is "disabled". Two it was common practice to "disable" parent tasks but not necessarily all of the children of a given parent. For example, if your role is Accountant I might disable the "Payroll" tasks at a high level in the menu structure figuring that you cannot drill down through the structure since I stopped you near or at the beginning of Payroll. Right or wrong you will not find Variant Detail records in table F9006 for all of the lower level (children) for the "Payroll" Task that I disabled for your role. Three if I have disabled a Task for your Role and then decide that I had made a mistake and re-enabled the task for your Role the system changes an attribute value of the record in F9006 (I've forgotten the data item) to say that that task is active again for your role. Very complex.
I worked at JDE Corporate between 2000 and 2003 building the delivered task views (End User, Power User, etc) that came out with Xe and ERP8.
There may be tools that can extract the data out of these several tables and build the information you want, but I cannot direct you to any of them.

I dont know if you are guys still need this information or must have figured it out by now. But if you need it I have queries that pull data from all sets of security tables that we use to create and maintain roles. If you are still in need then message me, and I can send you all the sqls.

Best
Nashaat

Hi,

We have done exactly this and it took us months to years (as Solution_Kid says its not easy) so I would be keen to see what you can get with SQL (Nashaat's post).

Contact me if you would like more details.

Hi, Nashaat. Any chance I could see your SQL? We've been trying to wrap our heads around this as well. I am able to query users' favorites now. But, we need a SOX report that is easy to read. The JDE reporting isn't that clear.

Thanks,

Tim

Hey guys, I had a daughter and since March have not logged on at all on jdelist. Not to mention I miss being away from JDE.

Sorry for my late replies. Denver needs queries, I got queries. Email me if anyone here still needs some direction.

Cheers
Nash

Just try executing R90351 or run P01RS01 from web and do an export to excel.

Regards,
Ashish

It is a brilliant tool to download implementation config, but has anyone tried uploading tasks with P01RS01 when migrating to a new environment? OMW task promotion is a bit of a pain as it can result in duplicate tasks

Back