Oracle launch JDE EnterpriseOne Upgrade Community

[ QUOTE ]
Oracle have launched a Community Forum based on all topics related to upgrading EnterpriseOne
You need an account for My Oracle Support to access it.
Oracle JDE E1 Upgrade Community

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of redundant, we already have that, it's called JDElist.....

And for quality white papers it's JDEtips....

Yet another way to fragment the community ? Or a way to make it stronger ?

I'm glad that Oracle is sponsoring SOME sort of community on their website - though VERY late. But I don't think its ever going to replace JDEList....

I tend to agree with Gregg. I prefer the great community we have here in JDElist. I also extensively use LinkedIn which has also has netted a lot of positive results. I know I will not be logging on to My Oracle Support for social networking because for one, I do not always get right in, like last Thursday and Friday when Oracle's Support servers were down. Secondly, not all CNC, Network, Admin, BA's, Power Users, etc. in client companies have access to My Oracle Support, where here in JDElist or LinkedIn they all do. Why login to community on Oracle's website at this late date in the game, when the availablity of resources is and will be limited for quite a time? Perhaps send me a reminder in 2011 when it does catch on.

[ QUOTE ]
Oracle have launched a Community Forum based on all topics related to upgrading EnterpriseOne
You need an account for My Oracle Support to access it.
Oracle JDE E1 Upgrade Community

[/ QUOTE ]

Oracle would do well to consult Microsoft about how to encourage communities.

Hint #1 - Not behind password-protection.
Hint #2 - Information wants to be free
Hint #3 - Keep the degree of paranoia at a reasonable level
Hint #4 - The community is your friend, not your competition.
Hint #5 - The community will help your users for free if you do not alienate them

Any more hints from the crowdsourcing crew here at JDEList?

Back