Tools Upgrade Poll

unitas99007

I'm looking to Upgrade from JDE 9.0 / Tools 8.98.0.5 to a Tools release above 8.98.2.0. What's the version that is the best / most stable?

I thought it was coming out this January, so I included in the poll anyway. You know, for those "bleeding edge" folks
wink.gif

It is, and I will be getting it as soon as it is available. It is suppose to fix SM issues with Windows Server 2008. It is suppose to be only a Server Manager release fix which means once this is out, you just need to upgrade only Server Manager to 8.98.2.3. The fix is to the SM console code only.

I was told: only move to a .x release if it contains a fix you need.
8.98.2.0 is the most thoroughly tested in your list, that's why I chose it. It is the highest TR I'm on at any client and so far I have no problems/complaints

We have ben on E1 8.11 for a couple years and just completed upgrade from Toolset 5 to 8.98.2 this last weekend and so far the results are promising; at least, users remark that they notice increased system speed, data integrity improvements, and so far no more kernal stalls on applications requiring system restarts.

We did experience a problem yesterday with an older dll in the package failing during compiling. Right now it is only impacting Object Workbench. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Back