Versions not coming over in upgrade

kicrsa

I just completed an upgrade to 9.0 and no versions came over in the spec merge. Has anyone seen this behavior and know what the fix is to get the versions over? Thank you

What were you upgrading from? System configuration?

The reasons can be many but more than likely:

-Versions were not checked in VRSAVAIL='N' and/or VRMKEY<>'Your Deployment Server Name

Solution is either:

1. Just run the spec merge again from the plan
2. Run the spec merge again manually

Either way you're rerunning the spec merge.

Best thing to do is to open a support case OR post a lot more info about your setup.

Colin

Colin, I'm curious if you can rerun spec merge manually (or from the plan) to only get the versions.

Why? in my original spec merge from Xe to 9.0 I used previous environment PD7333 and new environment DV900. The merge worked fine for Central obects (used the correct datasource in the R98700|Xjde0001), but for some reason it overrode my previous environment and pulled versions from DV7333 instead. Now we hav started retrofitting and have just noticed the missing versions created in PD only on Xe.

So.... basically I just want my custom versions from Xe, nothing else. I'm actually wondering if it would just be easier to copy the F983051 custom records directly from Xe and put them into 9.0.

Copying F983051 records is certainly not a good idea and will not work.

Or Boomerang tool, on the other hand, would allow you to copy such versions across with ease.

--0016367fb7e35909fb0481efa71a
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Boomerang Will export from Xe to 9.00 or 8.9 or 8.9 or 9.00 to XE. Its good
utility that object specs can move across any version of OneWorld.
You have to Pay for exporting boomrang Pkg, Import is free software.

Just an FYI.

)
s
it
s
m
st.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+this+address+
--0016367fb7e35909fb0481efa71a
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

good utility that object specs can move across any version of OneWorld.</d <div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:37 PM, gilene <span di <blockquote style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex ; PADDING-LEFT: 1ex" class=3D"gmail_quote">Colin, I'm curious if you ca n rerun spec merge manually (or from the plan) to only get the versions.<br nt PD7333 and new environment DV900. The merge worked fine for Central obec ts (used the correct datasource in the R98700|Xjde0001), but for some reaso n it overrode my previous environment and pulled versions from DV7333 inste ad. Now we hav started retrofitting and have just noticed the missing versi ons created in PD only on Xe.

I'm actually wondering if it would just be easier to copy the F983051 c ustom records directly from Xe and put them into 9.0.
<div class=3D"im">
=3DOW&Number=3D156580" target=3D"_blank">entire JDELIST thread</a> is a vailable for viewing.</div>
postlist.php?Cat=3D&Board=3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities f <div align=3D"center"><font size=3D"-2" face=3D"Verdana, Arial">This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
<div class=3D"im">
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards=AE.
[email protected]?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+t his+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Mailing+List.

Thank+You." t
--0016367fb7e35909fb0481efa71a--

Back