Form Load Warning: Deprecated UDC EDIT type control

MWall

We upgraded Tools to 8.97, then had a 3rd party developer work on (older) P4210. They got these warnings with message that UDC EDIT type control was changed to EDIT type control. Looking for help understanding potential issues and what to look for in test results. Thanks.

Golbal code for form init

I am looking at a way of putting some standard functionality on every form's init event. Is there some global place where I can put this rather than coding it on every form's Dialogue is Initialised event?

We are starting our upgrade from XE to 9.1 and are getting these warnings.
I found that "deprecated" means, more or less, "obsoleted".
But I'd like to know more about what this REALLY means.
confused.gif

I dug at AT1, and can see no difference in the form design or data dictionary comparing XE to 9.1

I searched here (JDEList (LONG LIVE JDEList!) ) and found this post which was never answered.

I tried searching, what was once, the Knowledge Garden and had no luck.

I know that I can ignore these warnings, but would appreciate some background on them.
If they are truly warnings, and have no negative impact, can we turn them off?

[ QUOTE ]
<snip> warnings with message that UDC EDIT type control was changed to EDIT type control. Looking for help understanding potential issues and what to look for in test results. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please AND Thanks

We got tons of those warnings while doing retrofits during our upgrade. Once you save the APPL in FDA they should go away for that APPL, so even if you don't have to make any changes to an APPL, do something to get the save icon so that you can save it and get rid of the warnings.

TYVM for the prompt answer.

Also, thanks for writing the "JDE Xe to EnterpriseOne 9.0 Upgrade from a Development Perspective" in Oct/Nov 2011 JDETips.

Gene

[ QUOTE ]
TYVM for the prompt answer.

Also, thanks for writing the "JDE Xe to EnterpriseOne 9.0 Upgrade from a Development Perspective" in Oct/Nov 2011 JDETips.

Gene

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. Hope you found it useful... or at least comforting.
laugh.gif

Back