Simple URL for OAS

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.

Well Known Member
I am a big fan of brother_of_karamazov's simple e1 url solution for IBM WebSphere. I am trying to accomplish the same setup on an OAS 10.1.3.4 install. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Goal: To have JAS instances be referenced by name instead of by TCP Port Number and get rid of the "/jde/owhtml" portion of the URL.

In the end I will have a URL like this,
http://e1dv.domain.com

Instead of this,
http://e1dv.domain.com:90/jde/owhtml/

I've had some success with this:

# The following configuration was added by the JD Edwards Server Configuration Framework

Listen 0.0.0.0:82
<VirtualHost *:82>
Oc4jMount /jde JPY900
Oc4jMount /jde/* JPY900
</VirtualHost>

Listen 0.0.0.0:80
NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName XXXXXXXXX
ServerAlias ###.###.###.###
Oc4jMount /jde JPY900
Oc4jMount /jde/* JPY900
DocumentRoot "C:\OAS\j2ee\JPY900\applications\JPY900_82\webclient\owhtml"
</VirtualHost>

<Directory "C:\OAS\j2ee\JPY900\applications\JPY900_82\webclient\owhtml">
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ServerName and ServerAlias blacked out to protect the location. Insert your own information, but I have it set to the outside address as this server is published to the outside. I'm sure you should probably set the ServerAlias to the proper name instead of the address for the inside connections. (I don't have control over the DNS for this site).

This configuration is taken from the scf_JPY900_82.conf file which was generated by the Server Manager installation routine, and modified by me. This was an E1 9.0 JAS server running TR 8.98.1.4.1.

Ken,

This is actually extremely similar to how you setup the IBM WebSphere HTTP configuration file. I did get it to work. For some reason Server Manager ended up adding another server named the Server Alias JDDV.company.com. Did you have this issue as well? On that OAS server do you have more than one instance of JDE running (JDV and JPY)? I am wondering if I do the same for JPY if I will have three managed homes in Server Manager for the same server. I could have just had this issue because since I don't have access to DNS either at this site I had to add host file entries for testing purposes.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Ken,

I did the same setting you mentioned on my OAS server but without the <directory> section. It worked fine for me without this section. Could you elaborate on the <directory> section.

- Joel

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ken,

I did the same setting you mentioned on my OAS server but without the <directory> section. It worked fine for me without this section. Could you elaborate on the <directory> section.

- Joel

[/ QUOTE ]

The <directory> directive group a set of directives that will apply to the directory specified. It is typically used to specify security on a directory, as it is here. The important directives are

Order allow,deny
Allow from all

The first tells Apache in what order to evaluate the allow and deny statements. The line below that tells Apache to allow connections from all hosts. The fact that you are able to access that directory without the <directory> directive in place likely means that access has been allowed elsewhere, either in another <directory> directive, at the server level, or in an .htaccess file.

I do have more than one instance installed on the server, but only one of the instances (PY, not DV) has the simplified URL. The Server Manager installation routine did not do the configuration. I manually changed the HTTP.CONF and SCF_J##900.CONF files because of other optimizations that Server Manager does not do ... Come to think of it, Server Manager doesn't let you edit these files at all.

I actually haven't tried configuring multiple simplified URLs on the same box. The client only wanted JPY initially, and I don't control the DNS configuration.

[ QUOTE ]
I do have more than one instance installed on the server, but only one of the instances (PY, not DV) has the simplified URL. The Server Manager installation routine did not do the configuration. I manually changed the HTTP.CONF and SCF_J##900.CONF files because of other optimizations that Server Manager does not do ... Come to think of it, Server Manager doesn't let you edit these files at all.

I actually haven't tried configuring multiple simplified URLs on the same box. The client only wanted JPY initially, and I don't control the DNS configuration.

[/ QUOTE ]

For multiples, simply keep adding Virtual Servers to the box's HTTPD.conf:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
NameVirtualHost 10.26.5.23

<VirtualHost 10.26.5.23>
ServerAdmin [email protected]
DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\VS010Cell01\EA_PY898.ear\webclient.war\owhtml"
ServerName e1py
ServerAlias e1py.domain.com
Alias /jde "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\VS010Cell01\EA_PY898.ear\webclient.war"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.26.5.23>
ServerAdmin [email protected]
DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\VS010Cell01\EA_DV898.ear\webclient.war\owhtml"
ServerName e1dv
ServerAlias e1dv.domain.com
#ErrorLog "C:\Program Files\JDEdwards\JAS_PD\EA_JDEdwards_PD.ear\webclient.war\logs\error.log"
Alias /jde "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\VS010Cell01\EA_DV898.ear\webclient.war"
</VirtualHost>
</pre><hr />

Just wanted to update the thread and say that everything works great. The Server Manager issues I was seeing was due to host file entries. Once the DNS entries were setup and the host entries removed I had no issues. Also, I did just have to add additional virtual hosts in the configuration file to setup multiple simple urls for multiple environments.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Well... I ran into an issue when you have HTTP config setup this way. You are no longer able to access the Oracle Enterprise Manager. Going to the OAS Welcome screen now takes you to the E1 login screen and going to the /em/console login gets you to a login screen however, when you log in you recieve a message "You have been logged off and redirected to the canonical server name." Any ideas?

I have attached my httpd.conf for you to review.

Attachments

• 154718-httpd.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 173
A couple of things:

1) Since I have the "Listen 80" down in the scf_XXXXX.conf file for the instance, I commented the line out of the main HTTPD.CONF file, and replaced it with Listen 7778. This port was assigned during the OAS installation process.
2) I have UseCanonicalName off, and ServerName set to the IP address.

I don't think the 2nd item should affect you trying to access the EM console. I think the first one may help, since my default "Welcometo Oracle Application Server" page now responds from that port, and there is a link to the application server console login from there.

You are correct. I only have to edit the listen 80 to 7778 and then I was able to access the Welcome page on that port.

Thanks!

Back