Websphere JAS down every three day for E900

chiask

my side experience connection down for my JAS PD,PY and DV every three day, even using IE to internet also can't only way is to reboot the JAS server only the problem is solve and below is my configuration, if your guy had any idea why this happen, i had advice solve the problem is by downgrade my OS from windows 2008 to windows 2003 32 bit.

- EnterpriseOne Release and Tools Release
E900 & 8.98.1.4

- Platform of the Enterprise Server
Windows Server 2008
windows server 2008 Enterprise - service pack 2
IBM
Processor : Intel(R)Xeon(R)CPU [email protected] GHZ 2.00 GHZ(2 processors)
Memory (RAM) : 8.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating system

- Web sphere version and fixpack applied

- Platform on websphere installed
Windows Server 2008
windows server 2008 standard edition- Service Pack 2
IBM
Processor: Intel(R)Xeon(R) [email protected] 2.83HGZ
Memory(RAM) : 5.0GB
System type : 32-bit Operating System

This is because of Windows Server 2008. It is due to a change in the NET framework. I have the same issue, here is what Oracle Support told me:

You have three options to consider:

1. This SAR/issue is going to be fixed in 8.98.2.3 tools release which is scheduled to be released some time this month i.e in January 2010.This is going to be ONLY Server Manager (SM) release fix means once this is out, you just need to upgrade only Server Manager to 8.98.2.3. The fix is to the SM console code only.

2. Development has provided temporary workaround but this is only going to delay the occurence of issue. It will eventually cause an out of memory to occur. This is to increase heap memory first to get them by longer before the Out of memory error occurs. Here are the instructions:

Go to the bin directory where SM is installed (like c:\jde_home\bin). Stop the SM console service. Run the uninstallManagementConsoleService.bat file to uninstall the service.

Modify the installManagementConsoleService.bat file by opening and searching for the –Xmx512m setting. Modify the file with the appropriate setting, either –Xmx768m or –Xmx1024m. Run the modified file to install the service. Notice the file needs a parameter of the jde_admin password (c:\> installManagementConsoleService.bat <password>). This may help delay the issue, but the fix for the leak is needed as the problem will eventually cause an out of memory to occur.

3. You can request a POC from Development, if you do not want to wait for 8.98.2.3 to come out and also do not wish to adopt the temporary workaround.

Good luck!

Do you know if this issue has been resolved? I seemed to be having a similar issue with WebSphere 7.0.11 on Windows 2008R2 with Server Manager 8.98.3.4.

Do you know the original SAR number for this issue?

Back