E1 Printer issue

Joel

Well Known Member
Hi,

We have a Printek FormsMaster Pro printer at a site that is used to print delivery notes. We are rolling out JDE to that site and now have a requirement to print delivery notes from JDE using that printer.

I have set this printer up in JDE, when I select the printer definition language as JDE PCL or JDE Line the job shows as spooling on the printer for a second but does not print anything. However when I set the printer PDL as JDE PS (post script) then the printer prints some kind of code. It is not the actual print as in the PDF.

Has anyone had experience with this before.

Thanks in advance,
Joel

--0016e6d7f07ef424a9047bd1c54d
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

What OS where this printer installed? What OS your JDE is running on? You
have to detail your question.

for
as
st.com?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+this+address+
--0016e6d7f07ef424a9047bd1c54d
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

? You have to detail your question.</div>
<div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Joel <span dir <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0px 0 px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Hi,

We have a Printek For msMaster Pro printer at a site that is used to print delivery notes. We are rolling out JDE to that site and now have a requirement to print delivery notes from JDE using that printer.

language as JDE PCL or JDE Line the job shows as spooling on the printer f or a second but does not print anything. However when I set the printer PDL as JDE PS (post script) then the printer prints some kind of code. It is n ot the actual print as in the PDF.

=3DOW&Number=3D154209" target=3D"_blank">entire JDELIST thread</a> is a vailable for viewing.
postlist.php?Cat=3D&Board=3DOpps" target=3D"_blank">Job Opportunities f <div align=3D"center"><font face=3D"Verdana, Arial" size=3D"-2">This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEd wards=AE.
[email protected]?Subject=3DUnsubscribe&Body=3DSirs,

Please++remove+t his+address+from+the+JDELIST+EnterpriseOne+Mailing+List.

Thank+You." t
--0016e6d7f07ef424a9047bd1c54d--

--0016e6daaff60503e4047bdef35b
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

(db)

Both the printer server and JDE are on Windows platform. Any tips ?

Sorry I didnt get the abobe post .. are you asking for the database ? Its SQL Server 2005 64 bit on Windows 2003. Our entire JDE setup and print server is windows based.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

We have a Printek FormsMaster Pro printer at a site that is used to print delivery notes. We are rolling out JDE to that site and now have a requirement to print delivery notes from JDE using that printer.

I have set this printer up in JDE, when I select the printer definition language as JDE PCL or JDE Line the job shows as spooling on the printer for a second but does not print anything. However when I set the printer PDL as JDE PS (post script) then the printer prints some kind of code. It is not the actual print as in the PDF.

Has anyone had experience with this before.

Thanks in advance,
Joel

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you print to the printer from the enterprise server using Notepad?

Does the user specified in JDE Services have permission to use the printer?

The printer definitely needs to be on PCL if it is a line printer. You may have to set some additional parameters in E1 that you can find in the printer docs.

A little Googling reveals it is a lineprinter, so you should configure as a lineprinter. JDE sends lineprinter output as raw text, or can be configured to support rudimentary Epson ESC/P or IBM Proprinter codes (only sends CPI/LPI and line length and page height).

Chances are, it is configured by default as "Printek" language, which I have no knowledge of. Change the printer to epson/esc/p or ibm ppds and try again.

Hi All,

We managed to solve this issue. Turns out the default Arial font that the developer used in the UBE is not supported by line printers. Apart from that some other changes were needed in the UBE design and the printer setup as well.

A friend posted me the instructions that can be found in the link below. After following all steps we were able to get successfull prints.

http://www.jdebase.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25&pid=37#pid37

Regards,
Joel

Back