3rd party support

mburnham

Hello all,

Just wondering if any of you have recommendations regarding 3rd party support. We have an XE installation, and have used SYSTIME for specific issues, but need to get an overall support contract in place. Spinnaker seems to have a fairly large presence - any experience with them?

Thanks much in advance - happy to hear any opinions (pm or public).

Thanks,

- Mark

GSI offers third party support. However, your post is not clear as to what it is you are looking for in terms of support. Do you need technical (CNC) support, functional support, development support or all of the above?

Besides just providing 3rd party support to E1, GSI also partners up with Secure-24 to provide fully hosted systems if that is a concern.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this in addition to . . . or in place of Oracle support?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is in place of Oracle support, at the moment. And it would be some CNC and more functional support.

I'll take a look at GSI. Thanks much.

So you're planning on staying with XE until you find a replacement product then?

There is a huge constituent of Independent E1 Consultants within the JDEList...

Jon, Daniel, Alex, Ghost, Chan, Tom, Richard, Harry, Wally, Terrance, Franklin, Gary, Balu, Tony, Vish... and a few hundred other (at least)....

There's Systime, GSI, ICS, that place in Vega$, the iConsortium (my fav), and Oracle. My deepest suggestion, pick a support partner that is an Oracle Partner (that way you have a legal interact for internal support).

Many of the Independents are already partnered with the larger arenas - and can work directly between the organizations we support, the bOrgacle, and gain additional response/help from their internal resources.

That said - if your are looking for support, get the agreement in place 'long before' you need it, pick an bOrgacle partner and an organization with 'lots' of contacts!

(db)

Back