System User "Add System User" Not Available - URGENT

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
System User \"Add System User\" Not Available - URGENT

Hello All,

I need one info, actually we are in a process of changing the OW System User password, according to the steps we have to go to
1] Run the P98OWSEC application.
2] Click on the form exit button labeled "Add System User".
3] Find and then select the security user in the "Work With System Users" form.
4] Update the password for the security user in the "System User Revisions" form.
5] Click on the "OK" button to save the change.

But issue is I am not able to see "Add System User" in Form exit...I am able to see "Proxy User Password Revision" in form exit, I want to know both the options are same & I can change system user password from "Proxy User Password Revision" too?
We are on Windows platform B733\SP23_R1.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Re: System User \"Add System User\" Not Available - URGENT

If you are on B733 you do not click on "Add System User". When you go to P98OWSEC, in the data source search field, enter "DEFAULT" and hit 'Find'.
Highlight the result and in the row exit, select 'Revise Data Source'
Enter the new password.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I have a Q'n - are the steps mentioned by you are for System User password change?

Yes that is correct.

I went to P98OWSEC application then in Data source field I gave DEFAULT, now I am seeing the entire users/groups when I select any user then it is showing the system user Id & Pwd.
My Question is I have to change System User Password so that all the users’ system pwd should automatically change, not for any individual user.
Please correct me if I am wrong & if possible plz share password change doc.

Thanks for the help.

Just as I explained before,

enter "DEFAULT" and hit 'Find'.
Highlight the single result and in the row exit, select 'Revise Data Source'
Enter the new password.

This password will only be for the DEFAULT data source and will be for the system account that is used everywhere.

DISCLAIMER!!!!
If you don’t have a lot of JDE experience and don’t fully understand the JDE architecture I would not attempt this. If you run into a problem you must be able to work through the architecture to determine where the breakdown is. In a worse case scenario you may have to turn off all JDE security to solve the problem and rebuild it when you are done. If all goes well this is a really simple task but there is no such thing as a minor problem if things go wrong.

The first thing you’ve got to decide is if you are going to change the password for the System User ID you are currently using or create a new System User ID and password. Both options have its challenges.

If you just want to change the Password of the current User ID you must coordinate the change of the password in XE with the change of the password on your Database.

If you want to create a new “System User ID” you must make absolutely sure that the new ID has the same permissions as the current System User ID.

Irregardless of which approach you decide on the steps to update the security records is the same. The first suggestion I would make is that you use two fat clients to make the change, one client to make the change(usually the Deployment Server) and the second to test it. After you make the change DO NOT LOGOUT of XE on the first fat client until you test the change from the other fat client otherwise you might lock yourself out the system.

When you’ve got everything setup and everyone is out of the system here are the steps:

1. Log in to XE as JDE.
2. Execute the "User Security" program from menu GH9052
3. Select "Form" and run the "Add Data Source" program
4. Check the all users check box.
5. Tab through “Data Source” field (it will fill in “Default”)
6. Enter the system userID and password.
7. Click ‘OK” (you may get a warning message but I can’t remember for sure)

You can either type in the current System User id or a new ID. If you use the current System User ID with a new password after you click OK you must then change the password in your Database System security. (if your ES is AS400 you just change the password on the AS400. If you are SQL Server or Oracle you change it within those Database systems.
After you make the change in XE and the DB/System you should then try to login to XE from the other fat client WITHOUT LOGGING OUT of the first fact client. If you can’t login to XE from the second fat client you can repeat the process above from the first fat client.

I usually do this from the Deployment server with Security turned off in the JDE.INI

Again this a very simple process but you’ve got to make sure you cover all your bases.

Thanks a lot for detail explanation, its really helpful! I was not getting the steps for XE B733\SP23_R1

What I am planning is -
We have 2 system users say jde1 & jde2....jde1 have 2 users tagged & jde2 all other users 500+
I am planning to change the system users jde1 first if its successful then I'll go for actual system user i.e. jde2

Steps:

A] 1. Log into XE as JDE in Deployment server or any FAT machine [I’ll login in two FAT machines]
7. Click ‘OK”

B] Then from SQL database I’ll change password of jde1 system user

C] Then try to login in OW XE, if not then from other FAT machine I’ll revert the password of system users with old password.

Thanks.

Hi,

For System User password change,according to Oracle they suggested me to goto

"Proxy Password" button under Form Exit for P98OWSEC

Thanks.

I can only say I've done this many times and I've always done it the way I outlined.

Not to be too critical but you can't always rely on the information you get from Oracle support.

For example: Below is what I just copied from myoraclesupport.com.

You will notice a couple of things:
First you will see that it was updated on Dec 9th 2009.
Second it is very close to the instructions I provided.
Third the information is wrong because you cannot perform both step 4 and step 5. If you perform step 4 "check the all users check box" you cannot perform step 5 because the "data source" field becomes grayed out after you "check the all users check box".

You can try to follow the info you got from Oracle but I’ve never done it that way and I can’t find any documentation about using the “Proxy Password”. Maybe you should ask Oracle to send you some documentation.

E1: SEC: Change the System User Password for All Users [ID 627949.1]
Modified 09-DEC-2009 Type PROBLEM Status PUBLISHED

In this Document
Symptoms
Cause
Solution

Applies to:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version: S18 to 24 - Release: S18 to 24
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Symptoms
How to change the system UserID and password without changing the user login password.
Cause
Not Applicable
Solution
This solution applies to EnterpriseOne (OneWorld) XE and ERP8.

1. Execute the "User Security" program from menu GH9052
2. Select "Form" and run the "Add Data Source" program
3. Select the system role you want to change
5. Specify the data source you wish to change
6. Enter the new system userID and password.

Show Related Information Related
Products

* JD Edwards EnterpriseOne > Tools and Technology > EnterpriseOne Tools > JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools

Keywords
PASSWORD; CHANGE PASSWORD

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot for detail explanation, its really helpful! I was not getting the steps for XE B733\SP23_R1

What I am planning is -
We have 2 system users say jde1 & jde2....jde1 have 2 users tagged & jde2 all other users 500+
I am planning to change the system users jde1 first if its successful then I'll go for actual system user i.e. jde2

Steps:

A] 1. Log into XE as JDE in Deployment server or any FAT machine [I’ll login in two FAT machines]
7. Click ‘OK”

B] Then from SQL database I’ll change password of jde1 system user

C] Then try to login in OW XE, if not then from other FAT machine I’ll revert the password of system users with old password.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

To execute a system user password change for all users in an Xe system do the following:

Fast Path to P98OWSEC (Work With User Security)

In the Exit Bar select the Form Bar

From the Form Exit Bar select Add Data Source

On the next form checkmark the box next to All Users

Enter DEFAULT as the Data Source

Enter jde for the System User

Enter correct password for System Password

Select OK to save changes

See attached file for screenshots if necessary.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help & info.

I'll try both the procedures if required.

Back