Form Project Directory Missing!!!

Report_Writer

Form Project Directory is missing sporadically on Server 3 and when it happenes, it prints garbage information on to the printer. We use version 3.2.21 . This does not happen on all the printers. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
RW

Do you also have CformServer6 installed on that server?

There is a glitch in CformServer6 where if you accidentally click on a printer that's configured for CformServer3 it looses the form project directory from its definition. When you accidentally click a printer in CformServer6 it asks you if you want to enable the printer. Even when you click "No" it still looses the form project directory for CformServer3. You have to go back into the printer definition in CformServer3 and put the form project directory back in.

Kind of a pain but you learn not to "accidentally" click on printers in CformServer6.

Karen.

Karen, Thanks for the information. Is this the only scenerio when this happens? Also to avoid these accidental clicking of Server 3 from Server 6, is there a way these printers not to be displayed on the other servers?

RW

This is the only scenario I've experienced. There is no way that I know of to NOT display printers in the CformServer applications (v3 or v6).

I'm running CformServer v3.2.23.7430 and CformServer v6.4.0.8556 and those versions still have the problem. It's possible newer builds of v3 and v6 have the issue fixed. I received notice last week that Cform7 is set to be released March 2010.

Karen.

Back