Separate Production Business Data

cncjunior1

Reputable Poster
Hi All,

At my current client we are currently live with North America and are planning on going live with Italy at the end of the year. The North America business doesn't want to take any chance of having the Italy setup and data conversions mess them up and are unwilling to test before hand so the IT director suggested Italy have their own Production environment so they have their own business data. They would use the same path code so the objects would be the same and they would be hitting the same web servers and I would set them up to have the Control tables be shared so it would be easier to consolidate later down the road if that ever happened.

Outside of the obvious limitations on global reporting within JDE and additional BI extracts, etc, which upper management doesn't seem to care about anyway, can anyone think of any major issues that could arise from this? It's a fairly small shop with a sort of a mom and pop type of style here so it's pretty difficult to convince the business and management to do something that will benefit them for the long term rather than the here and now.

One potential problem might be if Italy has a prohibition against 'holes' in the next numbers. I think Germany has that issue.

Tom

Back